Talk

Advanced search

to think he should have got more than community service.

(6 Posts)
HelenaDove Mon 16-Nov-15 19:29:18

His substandard gas work could have killed this family, they had to have a dog put to sleep and its 200 hours community service for the fitter to be spread over a year????!!!!!!!!!

We are told time and time again that gas safety checks are important. Yet tenants can experience many no shows in a row from companies and the threat of eviction. There is even a campaign demanding more rights to access tenants homes....yet many tenants have to put up with no shows and then get accused of not letting the fitter in. Surely they need to address these issues first.

And given how important it is where is the consistency with this guy only getting community service.

Cant have it both ways.

hvpmag.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/3703/Dangerous_boiler_installation_causes_severe_CO_poisoning.html

MissFitt68 Mon 16-Nov-15 20:00:32

No mention of a carbon monoxide alarm? I thought landlords had to have them fitted?

lastqueenofscotland Mon 16-Nov-15 20:23:58

Carbon monoxide alarms only have to be fitted by law for solid fuel appliances - so basically coal.

Cookingongas Mon 16-Nov-15 20:39:57

I'm a gas fitter. He should be ashamed and properly punished. This is a joke.

We are often accused of being accountable for co issues months after we service, or test, a fifteen year old boiler which did pass testing, only to fail later. That's not the case here- he failed in basic basic regulatory measures. Terrifying IMO- what else has he attended?!?

HelenaDove Mon 16-Nov-15 22:46:38

Thanks for posting Cooking. Thats exactly what i meant Its appalling. There are people doing six months community service placements at 30 hours a week simply for claiming JSA.

This fucker nearly kills an entire family ......a dog has to be put to sleep and he gets 200 hours spread over an entire year.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Tue 17-Nov-15 00:32:15

YCertainlynbu. I can't recall how we got on to the conversation but I was told by a gas fitter who was fitting my cooker, that if you touch gas without being Corgi registered or if you botch the job. It's classed as manslaughter, and they could face up to 10 years in jail.
Oh and Helena. Don't get me started on how innocent unemployed people are treated with more contempt than criminals or the whole of the MN site will crash, believe me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now