Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To want to let rip on Facebook

(23 Posts)
notmaryberry Mon 16-Nov-15 15:55:32

An ex colleague of mine has just made a really barbed comment which is obviously aimed at me on fb. We got on well when we worked together but I am obviously now the villain somehow. I really want to let rip at him and point out how hypocritical he is being, but I won't embarrass myself. I work for a much better company now with better prospects and none of the crap that goes on there. I just hate that myself and a couple of others who left are being made out to be the issue when I know the exact opposite is true.
BTW I'm not friends with him on FB, he did this through a mutual friend's post who I suspect has also been stirring. I might unfriend her too.
I'm feeling a bit emotional anyway as DH has been taken into hospital and I'm waiting for news while trying to keep the kids jolly. Just didn't need this tonight.

MelanieCheeks Mon 16-Nov-15 16:06:07

Do not interact on Facebook, or any other social media.

LetGoOrBeDragged Mon 16-Nov-15 16:08:12

Don't get into anything on fb that would make you appear unprofessional. Remember that you have moved on and his issues are not your problem. Delete and block is the way forward

LindyHemming Mon 16-Nov-15 16:10:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TimeToMuskUp Mon 16-Nov-15 16:10:19

Delet the middle-man and block them both. You cannot have people on your Facebook who make you unhappy. It's bad for the soul.

LibrariesGaveUsP0wer Mon 16-Nov-15 16:10:40

Never argue on FB.

FB is for liking cute pictures of your friends kids, showing off when you do something more than TV with your own and keeping close friends and family in the loop of your life.

Never get in a pissing contest with a skunk.

Polgara25 Mon 16-Nov-15 16:12:08

Never get in a pissing contest with a skunk.

The above is now my new motto.

Pepper12 Mon 16-Nov-15 16:12:54

Please don't do it you'll regret it. Hope your DH is ok x

nuttybananas Mon 16-Nov-15 16:14:22

you can want to do it - but leave it as a thought and delete the mutual friend who isn't actually a friend.
Life is much easier on fb if you keep it to friends and not acquaintances...

nuttybananas Mon 16-Nov-15 16:15:20

love the 'never get in a pissing contest with a skunk'!

LibrariesGaveUsP0wer Mon 16-Nov-15 16:15:52

Oh, I have a whole category of acquaintances. They can't see most of my posts and I don't see them on my timeline.

It's for people it's useful to be facebook friends with - like other school mums but who I don't 'know'

ThumbWitchesAbroad Mon 16-Nov-15 16:21:33

Just ignore it. Really, do. Block him, unfriend the mutual, or if you don't want to be so obvious then you can restrict what they can see, or hide their shit.

Getting into a slanging match on FB is really low rent.

ThumbWitchesAbroad Mon 16-Nov-15 16:22:28

Sorry, pressed post too soon - hope your DH is ok, that sounds quite stressful. thanks

notmaryberry Mon 16-Nov-15 16:24:13

I know. I won't say anything as it won't achieve anything. Good job I haven't had a drink or I may not have held back. It's all bollocks anyway, so how can you argue with someone who just changes the facts to suit themselves? The company's going down the pan anyway.

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 16-Nov-15 16:24:25

Do not interact with these people on any form of social media.

Delete and block such people instead.

notmaryberry Mon 16-Nov-15 16:24:48

DH is waiting for a scan - it may be appendicitis.

OurBlanche Mon 16-Nov-15 16:29:26

The company's going down the pan anyway

Attagirl smile

I hope your DH is OK soon.

notmaryberry Mon 16-Nov-15 16:31:02

Deleted. Blocked.

sugar21 Mon 16-Nov-15 16:37:34

Facebrag causes to many problems just block the offensive person. I hope your dh is ok

troubleatmillcock Mon 16-Nov-15 16:50:36

Facefuck is for losers.

Delete, avoid.

ShebaShimmyShake Mon 16-Nov-15 18:04:54

I understand the temptation, I really really do, but you MUST resist the temptation. I refer you to Churchill's line about wrestling with a pig. Facebook spats are the absolute worst and the only way to win is not to play. Save your energy for a good internet flame war, that's much more fun.

MushroomMama Mon 16-Nov-15 18:08:51

My sil called me a pig and threatened to kill me on facefail so I ignored her and she's fuming because I didn't give her the satisfaction of buying into her bullshit.

Keep your head held high some people have no self respect or manners unfortunately

MushroomMama Mon 16-Nov-15 18:08:54

Hope your dh is ok

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now