Talk

Advanced search

3 jobs in 6 months - really need advice

(5 Posts)
MsRamone Mon 16-Nov-15 12:18:56

In september I started a new job which I do not like. So - I applied for two others. Both were the kind of work I wanted to do but one of them I particularly wanted as 1) the hours were perfect (8 - 5 weekdays, unusual for nursing!) and above all else it was permanent. The other had good hours compared to what I'm doing but it was temporary.

Anyway, I had an interview for the temporary one (12 month contract) and was successful - excellent! I handed my notice in and start my new job in two weeks.

However! today I have received an invitation for the other PERMANANT job I really wanted. If I was successful I wouldn't be able to start for another 3 months or so anyway as I have to give two months notice so that will be 3 months into a 12 month contract - is this really bad?

Obviously the permanant job is a much more stable option plus the hours were better AND Ive done a 12 week placement there already so feel like i know the basics of the job already.

So if I was to go for it this would be 3 jobs since September. AIBU to go for it anyway??

Also - the interview is on the first day of my new job. How the hell do I manage that one?!

wickedwaterwitch Mon 16-Nov-15 12:28:43

Tell your new job that you need to push the start date to a week later
Go for the interview
If yo get the perm one don't start at the 12 month contract
Most employers will understand that a perm job is much better than a contract, even a 12 month one so they're bound to lose people that way.

wickedwaterwitch Mon 16-Nov-15 12:30:05

Also, tell perm one that you have an offer but you prefer their job (assuming you do) and ask them could they give you an idea of when they'll be making a decision.

MsRamone Mon 16-Nov-15 12:41:35

I've actually signed the contract though, plus the job I have only does their induction once a month so there is no way to postpone the start date - also, I couldn't afford to be out of work through December.

RB68 Mon 16-Nov-15 12:51:53

well in this instance its bad timing but you have to think of no 1 which is yourself. Double check the contract to make sure for the first month or two months its not only a weeks notice, then just go with the flow - there is no guarantee of job 3 and at the end of the day you need permanent and the NHS will have to cope with it same as any employer

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now