Talk

Advanced search

to buy Karcher pressure washer

(13 Posts)
MaudyWelsh Mon 16-Nov-15 07:56:29

...although I'm not normally a gadget person, but I do have a drive covered in builders grot, dirty outside windows, a dirty car and other grubby areas that I'm thinking could be spruced up if I had a pressure washer. Or am I misunderstanding what these things are used for?

whatdoIget Mon 16-Nov-15 07:59:03

That's exactly what they are used for! They work very well. I used to have one, not karcher, a cheap I one and it did the job. Maybe with better ones you get car cleaning brushes that you can put soap in, which would be useful.

MidniteScribbler Mon 16-Nov-15 08:00:20

I love mine. I've owned it for years. Just don't tell anyone you've got one or you'll get begged to borrow it all the time. Mine never got returned and I had to buy a new one. Now I just keep it to myself.

nonetcurtains Mon 16-Nov-15 08:01:04

not u, I like our Karcher pw,however we didn't buy ours, got it as a free gift for taking out co-op car insurance! Bargain!

echt Mon 16-Nov-15 08:29:10

They are tip-top, but do always go for the lower end of pressure at first they can take paint off.

Karchers are so popular in Au that it's a verb, i.e. I Karchered the deck this arvo.
grin

MidniteScribbler Mon 16-Nov-15 09:45:19

Karchers are so popular in Au that it's a verb, i.e. I Karchered the deck this arvo.

This is true.

UterusUterusGhali Mon 16-Nov-15 09:49:02

Can you do first floor windows with them?
I can't reach mine from the inside and exH managed to piss of the window cleaner so he stopped coming. hmm

TreadSoftlyOnMyDreams Mon 16-Nov-15 13:00:59

Piss off or piss on? grin

NannyPlumsRuleofThumb Mon 16-Nov-15 13:05:48

They will lift the grain on wood and doing the drive is time consuming and filthy, you get sprayed with filth and make a giant puddy lake. If you don't do it evenly you get stripes.

Be careful with your windows, you might cause a leak by forcing water in.

I'm not a huge fan!

UterusUterusGhali Mon 16-Nov-15 15:25:10

Piss off!
Ffs!
I'm going to blame the phone. Either that or I've forgotten basic English as that keeps happening. sad

Graciescotland Mon 16-Nov-15 15:46:46

I do my ground floor sash windows with the karcher. Use the white (technical speak) brush head bit not the pressure bit as it forces water through the bottom/middle. No problems with paint removal and I've been doing them for three years. I'm sure ours came with three heads a brush for windows, normal one for cars and a super high pressure one for cleaning stone etc. which could take the paint off the car apparently; not tried it out for obvious reasons. I love the window hoover too.

Graciescotland Mon 16-Nov-15 15:51:49

Actually is there a pole or something that'd extend it to the first floor? That would be amazing.<easily pleased>

UterusUterusGhali Mon 16-Nov-15 16:40:28

Need that!
There must be! Then I can justify getting one!

Tread, just got your joke. blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now