Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to be hurt he only takes snapchats with her?

(143 Posts)
lifetimeoflaughter Fri 13-Nov-15 22:59:06

Whenever we go out as a group of friends, there is one guy (who I would consider pretty much a best friend) and he will always take a snapchat with the same woman.

Se is very pretty.

He does it as hes a player and wants to make other women jealous.

He never takes one with me.

I'm definitely your plan jane type of girl.

Just makes me feel pretty shit.

Aibu?

(yes pathetic I know)

QOD Fri 13-Nov-15 23:01:02

I don't even know what that means
grin

HackerFucker22 Fri 13-Nov-15 23:02:11

Me neither.. care to explain a little OP?

LobstersMateForLife Fri 13-Nov-15 23:04:22

Snapchats are basically photos that you show on your mates' phones for a limited amount of time eg 10 secs.

OP, I totally get where you are coming from flowers

I have felt the same before, it's shit.

Is she louder or more confident than you though? I think these things are often to do with confidence smile

QOD Fri 13-Nov-15 23:07:26

Snap him.first ?

ShamefulPlaceMarker Fri 13-Nov-15 23:08:06

Sounds pathetic... Not you, the whole snapchat thing. Rise above it

lifetimeoflaughter Fri 13-Nov-15 23:19:20

Sorry snapchat is where you take a photo(or video) and it goes up for 24 hours.

Every single time we have been out as a group he takes a photo with her.

He's never once attempted to take a photo with me (even though we are much closer friends)

And its obviously because she is much better looking than me.

Just really hurts that even a friend would treat me like this sad

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Fri 13-Nov-15 23:23:55

Treat you like what? Not taking your photo? Have you told him you'd like him to take your photo? Maybe he just fancies her, unless you're a couple surely he's allowed to?

Disclaimer: I'm not really sure wtf Snapchat is.

MysteriousSummer Fri 13-Nov-15 23:27:17

OP I completely get why that'd be hurtful sad

YADNBU - I would be upset too

lifetimeoflaughter Fri 13-Nov-15 23:32:20

Thank you everyone, made me feel not so pathetic now.

tibbawyrots Fri 13-Nov-15 23:32:20

He fancies her?
And you fancy him.

Age old story.

lifetimeoflaughter Fri 13-Nov-15 23:52:38

No I 100% don't fancy him, he's a really good friend. A single male and female can be just friends.

I don't know if he fancies her, he obviously thinks shes hot but I don't believe he would want to date her.

BuckMulligan Fri 13-Nov-15 23:56:57

For someone who thinks of him as a 'best friend', you don't sound exactly fond of him, OP, if you're saying he's shallowly obsessed with looks, is a 'player' and photographs the pretty woman to make other women jealous...?

LobstersMateForLife Fri 13-Nov-15 23:59:01

I think people are being a bit harsh.

I personally don't think OP has been critical of her friend - she's just remarking that's what he's like.

Motherinferior78 Sat 14-Nov-15 00:00:28

I think you are hurt because she appears to be valued in a way that you are not. You've singled out him above others as a best friend yet he sometimes behaves as if you are irrelevant. I don't know the details of your friendship circle but is it possible that the two of them are extroverts and have just created this silly ritual of posing for the camera on a night out? That you're not selected because you're less likely to want to pose for the camera?

Just because you're not being used by him as his trophy or his partner in showing off (whichever she is), it doesn't mean he doesn't need or want you there. He probably doesn't even realise he's making you feel this way. His behaviour doesn't sound very considerate or mature but you know him better than I do so only you know if there's real substance to him that makes it worth indulging all the nonsense.

On an old fart note, I'm so glad this camera phone obsession thing wasn't around when I was young and going out!! Seems to make nights out so boring and all about taking "fun" photos rather than actually having fun! confused

Motherinferior78 Sat 14-Nov-15 00:04:57

Sounds like she's just feeding his need for attention - it doesn't sound like much more than that. Hopefully he just thinks too much of you to use you in this way.

BuckMulligan Sat 14-Nov-15 00:05:01

I'm not attacking the OP. If her account of him is accurate, he sounds like a bit of an idiot, who's more interested in photographic arm candy than his best friend...?

Trills Sat 14-Nov-15 00:07:31

He's not treating you "like THIS".

The things he is doing, they are not TO you or AT you.

ElsaAintAsColdAsMe Sat 14-Nov-15 00:08:29

You have read a whole lot into this.

If he is as close a friend as you say why don't you just ask him?

People do different things with different friends, this is obviously their 'thing' and it has no reflection or bearing on you whatsoever

lifetimeoflaughter Sat 14-Nov-15 00:16:05

For someone who thinks of him as a 'best friend', you don't sound exactly fond of him, OP

Of course I'm fond of him. Like all my friends.

Is he perfect? No. But then neither am I.

He can be a player, thats just one trait out of hundreds.

Potatoface2 Sat 14-Nov-15 00:30:04

i take it you are all teenagers then!

Greengagesandham Sat 14-Nov-15 00:36:20

So the photo goes ,'up', where for 24 hours?

Perhaps he does fancy you but he's not about to show you off to his mates for them all to see?

Enjolrass Sat 14-Nov-15 07:18:43

If he is your best friend speak to him.

Honestly if one of my male friends asked me to take a joint selfie for snap chat, I would laugh my arse off.

While most of my male friends love a selfie, I do not.

Unless you are sat there taking solo selfies and he is avoiding getting in the photo, you can't assume it's because she is more attractive.

ChiefInspectorBarnaby Sat 14-Nov-15 07:22:31

I thought I was on mumsnet. Seem to have stumbled onto Teen Net confused

Savagebeauty Sat 14-Nov-15 07:23:41

You sound very young and a bit obsessed with this bloke.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now