Talk

Advanced search

To tell her that she snores?

(14 Posts)
FithColumnist Fri 13-Nov-15 22:07:31

It keeps me up most nights. The best way I can describe the sound is "two asthmatic walruses with severe rhinovirus infections making energetic love in an echo chamber." It is utterly terrifying, and lasts at least from 10 to 4. I have in honesty lost days at work due to not being able to sleep with this noise.

ShowOfBloodyStumps Fri 13-Nov-15 22:08:13

Who?

Moln Fri 13-Nov-15 22:09:41

Is it your neighbour?

Hopefully not one across the street.

EugenesAxe Fri 13-Nov-15 22:11:08

Do you mean your DW? Yes, snoring can be a sign of all sorts of health issues. Get her to see if she can be analysed by some sleep clinic, if it's that bad.

PurpleWithRed Fri 13-Nov-15 22:13:29

Does she know?

PurpleWithRed Fri 13-Nov-15 22:13:48

Actually, is it me?

FithColumnist Fri 13-Nov-15 22:14:20

Deliberate drip feed: yeah, it's my upstairs neghbour. The same neighbour who tells her five year old DS to shut the fuck up because she's fucking sick of the sound of his fucking whining. (Hint: I do not like the woman)

Cookingongas Fri 13-Nov-15 22:16:27

So your biggest worry for what you describe as a neglectful and abusive mother is that YOUR sleep is disturbed? Yeah- tell her she snores. And report her to ss

FithColumnist Fri 13-Nov-15 22:19:02

Last time I asked about this I got told to mind my own business! Her child, her rules after all.

TitusGibbonicus Fri 13-Nov-15 22:59:40

How old is the kid, because if it's single digits that's emotional abuse tbh.

Rainbunny Fri 13-Nov-15 23:29:02

Well you can tell her but it won't stop her from snoring. The best thing you can do is invest in earplugs, a white noise machine etc... I have sympathy, my DH is a terrible snorer and I've been living with regular sleep deprivation for a decade.

Jftbo74 Fri 13-Nov-15 23:45:33

I would probably tell her that you can hear everything. Her snoring and her telling her child to shut the f up

PeanutButterLips Sat 14-Nov-15 04:12:35

I'm listening to a woman sat next to me at work she sounds exactly the same.
We work night shifts and she finds it very hard to stay awake so when she drops off she snores so very loud it's embarrassing really.
I feel very sorry for you OP what about ear plugs?
A pillow for her face ...

OTheHugeManatee Sat 14-Nov-15 09:51:07

Buy earplugs. Cheaper than moving and more effective than putting your neighbour on the defensive about something she can't help.

DH snores like a B52 bomber. I find the 'Spark Plugs' earplugs from www.snorestore.co.uk do the trick.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now