Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to be worried that new boss could cancel my holiday??

(2 Posts)
AshleyWilkes Thu 12-Nov-15 00:04:12

DH and I have booked a month off in the spring to go abroad to see family.
The company I work for allows "career breaks" as long as its requested in writing to the boss and he approves it.
Last March I did so and the boss approved it (verbally) and left to up to our supervisor to organize. Because it was a year in advance she's put it on her mental shelf to do later, but is aware of it still. (I've been chatting to her about it, how excited we are etc, flights are all booked etc).

Now, 8 months on, we have a new boss as the last one resigned. He is a nice chap, but has already started "making his mark" by changing things, pulling people up on sometimes questionable behaviour that the last boss had become lazy with.

Last week he requested a copy of the letter I previously brought in regarding my holiday. As his predecessor had lost the original.

I might be worrying about nothing but could he cancel my holiday ? Nothing has happened yet but I suffer with anxiety and I'm stressing about it.
What are my rights ?
Thanks for reading

Fatmomma99 Thu 12-Nov-15 00:39:45

sorry, I don't have the expert knowledge you want, but didn't want to read and run.

You should have enough evidence given that a 3rd person knows about it.

Is there any other colleague who could be a witness? (i.e. was there anyone you told after the holiday got agreed, or anyone who overheard supervisor admit she hadn't done the letter yet?)

If so, you've got nothing to worry about.

Do you have a union?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now