Talk

Advanced search

To think people could find a better way to express deep emotions than swearing?

(11 Posts)
AuntBess Wed 11-Nov-15 22:43:14

Granted, this is Facebook I'm gathering these examples from so perhaps IABU for getting them from social media.

My issue is that I'm fed up of seeing people share a tragic post and add their own vulgar captions.

For example, a beautiful young girl committed suicide and left a note explains that she couldn't handle the bullying anymore. This immediately followed with people sharing and captioning with vulgar comments and replies, one of them being:

"fucking disgusting! What absolute shitty pathetic excuses of humans for making a girl do something like that. Fucking fuming! Hope use rot in hell you wastes of skin! R.I.P Angel, sleep tight" (followed by ten or so Angel/heart/rainbow emojis).

I'm sorry, but I find this quite an odd way to express concern and sadness for a tragedy. I'm not saying you have to have the most superb English going, but at least make a comment about how beautiful she is and how sad she went to soon. Perhaps even add how it's beyond unjust etc. I just feel as if using a dead girls photo to create your own rant isn't on.

Does anyone else feel the same? Thank you thanks

Wobblystraddle Wed 11-Nov-15 22:50:02

Well, that is a dreadful post.

However, I love swearing and do it lot.

cailindana Wed 11-Nov-15 22:50:57

What I want to know, genuinely, is why people seem to have friends on FB that they don't even like??

AuntBess Wed 11-Nov-15 22:52:12

caili, I don't have these people as such as friends. I can see their posts sometimes because someone of my friends list has liked their post so it comes into my newsfeed.

cailindana Wed 11-Nov-15 22:55:43

Oh so you're just judging random people? In that case I think perhaps you need to get a life.

MooseAndSquirrel Wed 11-Nov-15 22:57:12

Swearing can be uses to show how fucking pissed off you are - granted that's a very eloquent post, but the use of "hope use" would bother me more than their swearing.
Also I think its a bit U to be mad at anything on FB smile

Fatmomma99 Thu 12-Nov-15 00:52:30

sorry, but I love a good swear.

but the emotions (rather than the swearing) in the post you describe seem inappropriate to me.

DickDewy Thu 12-Nov-15 00:57:11

I love swearing, despite my rich and erudite vocabulary.

I can't bear over sharing on Facebook however. Some subjects just aren't suitable for social media, especially as they bring out all of the empty vessels.

BrideOfWankenstein Thu 12-Nov-15 01:00:26

I think that it's not quite right place for this question. I'm sure about half of users on MN are here only because here they can swear.
And emotions, when they are strong, do cause strange reactions in people.

YABU

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Thu 12-Nov-15 01:09:47

I sort of see what you mean.

Any time there is any kind of crime reported on local news FB here the comments are full of "hang the scum and rip his balls off" with lots of swearing. It makes me wish the general population was a bit more eloquent.

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Thu 12-Nov-15 01:11:24

Must be an FB thing. Every other post attracts a racist comment too even if the story is nothing to do with race. Maybe it's just the type of person who posts on these stories

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now