Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think this online date is a bit clingy?

(15 Posts)
Mia10791 Wed 11-Nov-15 19:27:37

Started chatting to a man on an online dating site on Sunday. We seemed to have a lot in common and he seemed OK, although a little bit over the top (was suggesting that perhaps I was 'the one' for him and things like that hmm which I said I found a bit cringe-worthy.)

Yesterday evening he asked for my phone number as he is apparently 'not good at messaging though apps and prefers texting' but I didn't reply (I am reluctant about giving my number out to people I've only just met online. I prefer to talk through the app until I've met them.) I was planning to get back to him tonight as I was out with friends yesterday evening and busy during the day.

When I checked my phone, he'd sent another message from the app saying "You alright? Have you found someone else?" (because I hadn't replied to the message last night.)

AIBU to think this is a bit weird and clingy? I'm quite new to online dating and I'm wondering if I should give this person a wide berth.

GloriaHotcakes Wed 11-Nov-15 19:28:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NotTheSpiceOfLife Wed 11-Nov-15 19:28:51

Absolutely get rid. It is clingy and demanding, who needs it? There's thousands more, get another one wink

Weathergames Wed 11-Nov-15 19:29:23

This ^

velourvoyageur Wed 11-Nov-15 19:32:56

a bit? Very! block, avoid, etc!

WheresMyBurrito Wed 11-Nov-15 19:39:21

Yep, get rid!

jeavcike Wed 11-Nov-15 20:18:03

Ywnbu to get rid, delete and block. My friend had one like this once; he sent her a text asking for her photo and then sent her one of him (a normal one BTW - no dicks in sight!) whilst she was in the supermarket. By the time she'd finished her shopping, so about half an hour or so, need sent something like ten messages more or less demanding to know why she'd not answered shock
Imagine being with someone like that in real life?!

UterusUterusGhali Wed 11-Nov-15 20:41:31

Eww

sarah00001 Wed 11-Nov-15 20:53:02

I agree with the others, this man doesn't sound right in the head and it isn't normal behaviour. I think you should definitely block him. Hopefully you will find someone nice and normal very soon!

Booyaka Wed 11-Nov-15 20:54:07

BLOCK, RUN!!!

HubertsBirthdayStick Wed 11-Nov-15 20:56:18

DUMP

angryangryyoungwoman Wed 11-Nov-15 21:05:31

"The one?"And you have never met? Hahaha

Sychnant Wed 11-Nov-15 21:26:40

I got talking to a man via online dating once. We chatted through the site for a couple of days, then through text and eventually phone calls.

I met up with him one evening and we had a nice time, he was great fun, but the spark was just not there. I didn't tell him that as I planned to see him again, to make sure, and let him down gently.

The next morning I was bombarded with texts, asking how I felt about him. The standout was "but I need to know if you think we have a future!"

After ONE date??? Yeah, ok...

I didn't see him again. I had to be quite blunt in the end.

Now I wonder if he was overdoing it to put me off, as he hadn't felt a spark of attraction either? Surely he had to be. People just don't act like that, do they??

OTheHugeManatee Wed 11-Nov-15 21:44:00

Run in the direction of away, OP.

TiredButFineODFOJ Wed 11-Nov-15 21:49:04

Never be afraid to log off or stop talking to someone.
Also, get a cheapo payg mobile phone for dating!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now