Talk

Advanced search

WIBU to insist on tickets?

(12 Posts)
TheWordOfBagheera Wed 11-Nov-15 09:42:25

Repeatedly tried to book tickets for a Christmas event online and at the payment page kept getting an odd error to do with not having selected a country (I had). Phoned up to complete the booking over the phone instead and was told it now sold out, sorry. I said no problem, and later when back online and booked some other tickets with the same people but for a different event (really wanted the first event though, second was a back up option).

However, I've been charged for both events (which I couldn't really afford, grrr but never mind) so the initial payment that looked like it had failed obviously did go through. I only have email ticket confirmation for the second event though.

I'm currently trying to get hold of them again by phone with no success to sort this out. But, WIBU to dig my heels in for tickets for the first event as I have been charged for it, or should I just accept a refund, which I suspect is what they will want to do?

I'm thinking (but not sure if IBU) that if they took my money online before informing me it was sold out, then they can't single me out as the customer to be refunded and not given a ticket. I expect other customers will have been emailed their tickets though, so do I have a leg to stand on or is not worth pursuing other than for a refund?

Incredibly boring I know, but I appreciate any thoughts grin

MaidOfStars Wed 11-Nov-15 09:45:23

I would act innocent - contact them and say you've not received your email tickets, where are they?

TheWordOfBagheera Wed 11-Nov-15 09:48:39

Good plan MaidofStars! Not too cheeky?!

BanningTheWordNaice Wed 11-Nov-15 09:50:36

How long ago were you charged for both events? If it was just this morning then the money taken from your available balance was just a shadow payment and will be back in your account within 72 hours.

CarriesBucketOfBlood Wed 11-Nov-15 09:52:58

I would go for tickets too. Make them squirm a little bit at the possibility of not being able to fulfil your purchase. You may get an upgrade out of it (if possible...)

TheWordOfBagheera Wed 11-Nov-15 09:53:58

A couple of days ago Banning (the 9th possibly?). Only just noticed though.

What's a shadow payment?!

TheWordOfBagheera Wed 11-Nov-15 09:55:16

Surely you can't just go taking money for things that people supposedly haven't bought and then refunding it 72hrs later without informing them of any of it?

zebra22 Wed 11-Nov-15 10:00:29

They can't give you tickets if there aren't any

Yes it's annoying but glitches happen, so as long as you don't end up paying for tickets you don't get, I don't think there is much you can go

OnlyLovers Wed 11-Nov-15 10:03:45

I'd act innocent too –ring them and say 'I can see the money has been taken for both events so can I have my tickets for both, please?'

It's up to them how they deal with it. I'd try for tickets to the first one, but be prepared to be told they're sold out. If that happens I'd complain to head office about their whole procedure and system, as it sounds a bit shonky.

TheWordOfBagheera Wed 11-Nov-15 10:12:58

Zebra, I realise that, hence being not sure. It's not a seated event though, so there's always a chance that it was an arbitrary number of tickets decided on and that a couple more can be squeezed in. Might be dictated by 'health and safety' of course, which I guess won't have wriggle room.

I think I'll go for vague and innocent then and see where that gets me. Won't kick up a big stink though, it's not worth that!

TheWordOfBagheera Wed 11-Nov-15 12:57:51

Result!

Booking office people were fab and arranged for extra tickets as a good will gesture smile. Thanks everyone!

OnlyLovers Wed 11-Nov-15 12:59:46

Goodo!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: