Talk

Advanced search

Charities supported by world governments should help people in China and mexico not to live in houses with chickens and pigs

(10 Posts)
Lauradarko Tue 10-Nov-15 18:18:58

I think I'm coming down with the flu. As flu is supposed to come from China or Mexico I usually from people that live in a house with chickens or pigs shouldn't there be a charity to help people not do this? It must cost the world 100s of billions as year in lost productivity so its win win surely?

ThenLaterWhenItGotDark Tue 10-Nov-15 18:23:16

I think you might actually be coming down with a dose of GFery.

blaeberry Tue 10-Nov-15 18:26:44

How would you do this? I imagine a majority of people in the UK have chickens and pigs in their house as pork/sausages/chicken nuggets etc. if you live in a hot country without refrigeration and want to recycle kitchen waste then it makes sense to keep them in the non-perishable form...

howtorebuild Tue 10-Nov-15 18:29:18

Are they in cellars or roaming around kitchens, watching tv, wondering in when you do the deed?

reni2 Tue 10-Nov-15 19:06:12

Do you have swine flu or bird flu?

ThenLaterWhenItGotDark Tue 10-Nov-15 20:25:31

HQ just confirmed it's PBP virus.....

reni2 Tue 10-Nov-15 20:47:51

Good god, the quality and intelligence of goadies is going down the pan. Could they not have come up with a riveting storyline? What next, AIBU to have bought the wrong colour bog roll?

TwoSmellyDogs Tue 10-Nov-15 20:50:48

This is as poor an attempt as I've seen in a long long while. Standards are going down the potty.

Tabsicle Tue 10-Nov-15 20:51:36

www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/nih-grantees-rebut-theory-seasonal-flu-strains-originate-tropical-regions

Atenco Tue 10-Nov-15 21:56:09

People do not keep pigs in their houses in Mexico, OP. When the swine flu scare happened a few years ago, a huge transnational that has a huge pig factory-farming unit and inadequate slurry treatment was believed to have been responsible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now