Talk

Advanced search

Nurse pay help me!!

(6 Posts)
mybutt0neyes Tue 10-Nov-15 17:32:21

Hi there!
Has anyone else been qualified a few years and gone into the nhs?
I've been an LD nurse for 9 years now however prior to the job I'm in now I worked for a private company for 8 years. When I got this job I went on to the bottom of Band 5. I did ask about my 8 years being counted however I was advised this was not transferable as it wasn't NhS experience. I know I'm a year down the line now but just feeling a bit like I rolled over too quick!
Any advice or experience would be super helpful
Thank you smile

Libitina Tue 10-Nov-15 17:41:24

That would be what my Trust would do too.

dotdotdotmustdash Tue 10-Nov-15 17:46:52

I think that's policy in all NHS Trusts unfortunately. I was a band 5 nurse but I gave up nursing and took some some hours doing supply admin at band 3. I asked if they would consider my previous band 5 service and push me higher up the band 3 scale, but I was told no. It's not a flexible system.

mybutt0neyes Tue 10-Nov-15 17:56:30

Thanks very much for your replies smile I guess I'm lucky I love my job!

Wheretheresawill1 Tue 10-Nov-15 18:36:09

Unless it is NHS to NHS they won't allow you to start anywhere but the bottom spine.

TanquerayNumberTen Tue 10-Nov-15 19:22:13

Surely you can at least move up the band faster though if you do have experience?

Otherwise shock

That will be why nurses are so desperate to get into the NHS after qualifying then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now