Talk

Advanced search

To think online shopping should make life easier?

(24 Posts)
Leavingsosoon Tue 10-Nov-15 17:27:18

It should shouldn't it?

But they always deliver when you are out and you end up spending ages tracking it down the proving who you are.

Why can they not just give you a time for delivery?

Seeyounearertime Tue 10-Nov-15 17:29:46

Have it delivered to a collection point? Or to store?
Amazon do lockers I believe in a lot of Co-ops.

Or, if you have a friend who's home a lot, deliver it there. Or parents?

Lara2 Tue 10-Nov-15 17:32:40

I always get stuff delivered to work - I know that may not be possible, but it does solve my problem.

Leavingsosoon Tue 10-Nov-15 17:33:48

Yeah have done out of desperation but collection point is miles away.

I am fed up
Of texts telling me the name of the driver but not the time!

shutupanddance Tue 10-Nov-15 17:35:18

I don't get it. If your not in they either leave with neighbour, ask you to collect or leave in a safe place? Easy.

Leavingsosoon Tue 10-Nov-15 17:37:28

Yeah, you'd think wouldn't you, except they don't.

They whisk it away and return it or they dump it in a collection point miles from you.

BockCadger Tue 10-Nov-15 17:41:26

Or they leave it with a neighbour and leave no calling card so you don't realise your neighbour has it and your neighbour just thinks you're a lazy dickhead who can't collect their parcel wink

shutupanddance Tue 10-Nov-15 17:51:46

I've never had a parcel returned to sender after one attempt to deliver. I used to get the collect from a far off destination when living up North but not now.confused

Leavingsosoon Tue 10-Nov-15 18:12:08

Well that's great your experiences have been so wonderfully straightforward, shutupanddance confused Thanks, that really helped.

Bock, yeah I can well imagine - no calling card here either. Several texts informing me that my delivery driver is called Steve but god forbid I'm told when it might be delivered!

GinandJag Tue 10-Nov-15 18:23:28

There are loads of collection points. All the corner shops around here take in parcels. There are also lockers in Sainsbury's.

mamapants Tue 10-Nov-15 18:28:24

Why so aggressive at shutup?
I normally get given a time by the delivery driver too and get sent a text asking if I want then to leave it in a safe place.
What company is it? I had a problem with one company, I'm pretty sure they didn't even try and deliver it and their collection point was 40 minutes away.

Leavingsosoon Tue 10-Nov-15 18:34:02

I wasn't being aggressive; I genuinely don't see the point in coming onto a thread stating there's no problem when there clearly is a problem for me.

This collection point is an hour away.

Oysterbabe Tue 10-Nov-15 18:50:38

I remember I ordered a small gift for a friend's daughter for her birthday because I wouldn't have time to go into town. I'd assumed it would arrive by royal mail and I could collect from the office round the corner. City link tried to delivery it while I was work. I came home at 6:30 to a card saying they would try and deliver it again the next day unless I called them by 6. Called them the second they opened the next day but nothing could be done to stop them trying to delivery it again while I wasn't there. My only option then was to cycle (I don't have a car) to an industrial estate 7 miles away in the arse end of nowhere and try and collect it during the 2 hour window they open on a Saturday. Town is 2 miles away.

Yanbu.

Leavingsosoon Tue 10-Nov-15 18:52:59

I know, that's what made me cross Oyster - this industrial estate was miles away and although I do drive it was nearly a two hour round trip as its in a very busy pocket. With two crying babies, my nerves are completely utterly frazzled. It was only some fucking makeup! grin

MatildaTheCat Tue 10-Nov-15 19:06:48

Some delivery companies do give a two hour time slot. Hermes, I think do. John Lewis, no. They give the whole day or something.

OP, most order forms do have a place for you to add instructions, have you tried putting something in? All my stuff goes in the porch or with neighbours.

Leavingsosoon Tue 10-Nov-15 19:11:30

Clarins didn't - plus there isn't really anywhere the stuff can go! I'd be happy for it to be left in the garden by the wheely bins but they won't do that!

MissTwister Tue 10-Nov-15 19:13:36

We need to invent safe drops for our front gardens. My poor neighbour gets so much post for me!

Leavingsosoon Tue 10-Nov-15 19:16:13

I'd be happy with most stuff being left in the garden but they don't do that.

It's really irritating. Parking in town is expensive and it's so difficult getting out with babies.

stuffthenonsense Tue 10-Nov-15 19:56:35

Buy a parcel safe box for in your garden?

Leavingsosoon Tue 10-Nov-15 19:58:19

They want signatures stuff

shutupanddance Tue 10-Nov-15 20:28:43

Wow rude op. Perhaps take your own advice a d your non problem with you. biscuit

shutupanddance Tue 10-Nov-15 20:31:09

I never said you didn't have a problem.hmm what do you want me to do? Camp in your fecking garden and wait for your parcels. Fffs

Leavingsosoon Tue 10-Nov-15 20:47:00

Well according to you its 'easy' shutup

shutupanddance Tue 10-Nov-15 21:09:38

Meh

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: