Talk

Advanced search

To think exSIL is a brat

(15 Posts)
Tigermama1 Tue 10-Nov-15 13:13:58

I just got a Facebook message from my exSIL asking me why my exOH is back living with her and their mum again. I told her why (money problems, constant arguments, telling me he didn't want our baby and wouldn't care if she died etc etc) and she opened fire on me calling me every name under the sun for kicking her brother out and 'ruining his life' by burdening him with a child.

When she found out I was pregnant she went off on one about how it's soooo unfair I'm having a baby because she wants one but has never found the right man (she's 30) and it'll take all the attention from dearest mummy away from her. Yes, it's really unfair I'm having my long sought after child after being told I wouldn't be able to have one and years of trying, miscarriages, heartache and a stillborn. Despite knowing all this she made an indirect Facebook post about how some people don't deserve children and it should be her instead and exMIL tagged me in it. I have never given these people a reason to dislike me, other than the fact I 'stole' their little boy/brother. AIBU to think all of them are brats and consider getting a family solicitor to cut them out of my child's life?

Arfarfanarf Tue 10-Nov-15 13:17:06

I think you should start by blocking them all on facebook. It's got bugger all to do with them and you don't owe them any explanation.

coffeeisnectar Tue 10-Nov-15 13:17:29

They are all crazy. Block them immediately and don't get involved in any conversation with them at all.

ShamefulPlaceMarker Tue 10-Nov-15 13:18:50

I'm struggling to figure out why you would try for years to have a child with a man that doesn't want one, and who you obviously don't get on with?

DixieNormas Tue 10-Nov-15 13:19:22

Yep I'd block and ignore

Tigermama1 Tue 10-Nov-15 13:19:24

I haven't blocked them yet so I can show the messages/statuses to a solicitor so I've put them on mute

hellsbellsmelons Tue 10-Nov-15 13:21:32

Absolutely block them all from all social media.
Just ignore the fucking knobs and concentrate on you and your little one.
Don't engage. Don't give oxygen to the fire.
Just ignore the lot of them.
Congratulations and I hope it all goes well.

Tigermama1 Tue 10-Nov-15 13:22:47

Things were fine for years when his family weren't really in the picture and when they caught wind of us successfully having a child they've done all they could to turn him against me. I've learnt from it, not going back there. Just want to protect me child from it now as they seem like the type of people to not give a crap for years, let me do all the hard work and then demand access. No way is that happening

ShamefulPlaceMarker Tue 10-Nov-15 13:24:09

Oh, okay. I understand now.

Yep, I would block them all and have nothing to do with them.

Crabbitface Tue 10-Nov-15 13:30:37

I doubt very much that you can stop them from accessing your child. Your soon to be ex will have parental rights and during his times of having your child he can pretty much do whatever he wants. Although, it is my understanding that he has no rights if he is not named on the birth certificate. In which case you will not need solicitor intervention.

I agree with everyone who says delete and block from facebook.

WorraLiberty Tue 10-Nov-15 13:32:22

If you want a solicitor to take you seriously, you'll need to block them on Facebook.

Shutthatdoor Tue 10-Nov-15 13:33:23

AIBU to think all of them are brats and consider getting a family solicitor to cut them out of my child's life?

YANBU to consider it.

YABU if you actually do it though.

Cornwalldoula Tue 10-Nov-15 13:38:50

Block & ignore. No need for a family solicitor if his name won't be on your baby's birth certificate.

Hygge Tue 10-Nov-15 13:59:08

"YABU if you actually do it though."

I don't think she is.

Her ex has wished his own child dead, knowing full well the OP has been through miscarriages and stillbirth.

He says he doesn't want the child. His mother and sister are behaving disgustingly.

They're really not fit to be around a child.

redexpat Tue 10-Nov-15 14:44:10

Take screen shots, then block them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now