Talk

Advanced search

To ask if a 7kg dryer can do a kingsize duvet?

(18 Posts)
PiperChapstick Tue 10-Nov-15 12:05:13

Or will I have to go up to 8kg? Sorry boring question but the bastard dryer door literally fell apart in my hand and found a cheaply one but its only 7kg!

FreckledLeopard Tue 10-Nov-15 12:27:42

Duvet or duvet cover?

I'm not sure a kingsize duvet itself would fit into my washing machine which is 8kg I think.

BikeRunSki Tue 10-Nov-15 12:30:52

That is not an unreasonable question, no.

MunchMunch Tue 10-Nov-15 12:36:41

I've just bought a 7kg washer and got a 7kg drier, I would say that my washer would struggle (big drum height wise but not very deep) with a thick quilt but would probably manage my 4.5 tog summer quilt. The drier would probably be able to dry a slightly thicker one but I don't think it could do a 10 tog.

emwithme Tue 10-Nov-15 12:46:10

Our 7kg indesit cheapy drier manages the 4.5 tog king quilt but I wouldn't want to try anything bigger (they go to the dry cleaners when they come off at the end of winter-duvet-season)

MrsBojingles Tue 10-Nov-15 12:58:03

We put our summer 4.5 tog in the 8kg washer and dryer, but wouldn't put a winter one in it.

Badbadtromance Tue 10-Nov-15 14:17:07

Had tried way too small but mine is 13 tog

wol1968 Tue 10-Nov-15 14:20:26

In a word...no. For a king size duvet you'd need to go up to a 9kg with an extra-large drum. Ours is 7kg and we just about get the covers, sheets and pillowcases in.

wol1968 Tue 10-Nov-15 14:22:08

Ooops, thought you meant washing machine. blush I still think you'd need a much bigger one though.

You might get it in, you might, just, get the door closed. It aint gonna dry speaks the voice of experience

It's a bugger, you'll have to find a launderette sad or drape it over the stairs more experience

yeOldeTrout Tue 10-Nov-15 14:24:21

My 5kg machine can do a
5 tog KS duvet
9 tog double or single duvet

But not the 9 tog KS duvet, or the 13 tog single / double.

thelittleredhen Tue 10-Nov-15 14:24:54

I dry mine over the banisters on the landing and then when it's dry squeeze it into the tumble drier for half an hour - it's a 13 tog and tumble drier is only a standard size.

It does fit single duvets in fine.

Bambambini Tue 10-Nov-15 15:22:20

I doubt it, unless it's an exceptionally thin duvet.

Cadenza1818 Tue 10-Nov-15 15:23:57

Is it feather? I have a feather super king and do it in a 7kg dryer. My friend has synthetic duvet and can't get it in.

Rhubarbarian Tue 10-Nov-15 15:27:35

Why would you think it may be an unreasonable question to ask?

I suppose whether it's an unreasonable question to ask would depend on who you plan to ask and where you plan to ask this question.

Lara2 Tue 10-Nov-15 16:31:30

I just put a winter double in an 8kg dryer and that was a squeeze - I don't think a king size would have fitted.

DawnOfTheDoggers Tue 10-Nov-15 16:38:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PiperChapstick Tue 10-Nov-15 18:45:38

Thanks everyone. Gonna go for a 8kg dryer to be on safe side found a good deal.

Although special mention goes to these two helpful posters
BlueSkiRun
That is not an unreasonable question, no.

And

Rhubarbian

Why would you think it may be an unreasonable question to ask? I suppose whether it's an unreasonable question to ask would depend on who you plan to ask and where you plan to ask this question.

Why do people post passive aggressive messages deliberately being unhelpful? Seriously what's the point? Are you short of things to do today?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now