Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to get the rage over a pair of black flowery pants?

(15 Posts)
ihatevirginmobile Tue 10-Nov-15 10:56:42

These are DD1's pants ...they must have dropped out of the pile of washing I was carrying on Sunday...they have sat in the middle of her bedroom floor ever since...I keep meaning to pick them up and forget...they have been a minor source of irritation..
I have just hung out a load of lights - it looked like a really good drying day so put in a load of darks ...
As soon as I did it started looking like it is going to rain ...again angry
Go upstairs and notice the pants are still there...but it is ok - my washing machine has a feature were you can stop it and add stuff in - you press the button and it says 'yes', stops and releases the door lock.
Grab the pants - I'll deal with it straight away this time - go to put them in the machine ....press the button
and it said 'no' and is refusing to let me put them in ...it has never said no to me before ....I didn't even know it could ...
I found myself ranting at the machine - no? no? how can you say no?

So AIBU to get the rage? To feel like shredding the pants with a pair of scissors and throwing them in the bin? Or maybe set fire to them out in the garden?
(I would smash up the machine but that seems like a slight overreaction grin)
I do have several bigger annoyances at the moment ...I think maybe I am transferring my frustration to the pants...

DoreenLethal Tue 10-Nov-15 10:57:58

I think maybe I am transferring my frustration to the pants...

Ya think?

Can you just chuck them out? And make a hot drink and have a sit down?

ihatevirginmobile Tue 10-Nov-15 11:14:17

I am calmer now - it was writing it out that made me realise what I was doing
(and that it wasn't the poor pants fault...they are in the dirty washing basket and will live to go in the next load....)

I am having one of those weeks months years where nothing is simple or going right...but I'll admit that was a massive overreaction ...

I am actually laughing at myself for it now...but it has made me realise I do need to get things in perspective more ...

LetThereBeCupcakes Tue 10-Nov-15 11:20:33

I'm sorry, but I'm envisioning you as Kochaniski in the episode of Red Dwarf where she's yelling at the pipes for saying skewlikle. Sorry. Not helpful. Especially if you don't watch RD.

YANBU. The pants and the washing machine were being bastards. wine

LetThereBeCupcakes Tue 10-Nov-15 11:21:25

Actually, it's probably a bit early for wine. Maybe cake would be better.

BathshebaDarkstone Tue 10-Nov-15 11:33:29

YANBU. Cupcakes YABU for saying it's too early for wine! wine and cake! grin

LetThereBeCupcakes Tue 10-Nov-15 11:46:59

Yes! wine and cake! And down with argumentative kitchen appliances and flowery pants!

olbas Tue 10-Nov-15 12:00:57

Never buy appliances that can argue.

jeavcike Tue 10-Nov-15 12:28:18

I had a DVD player ages ago that kept telling me that there was no disk in the machine. I kept opening and closing the tray, blowing the disk, switching the player off and on again; all to no avail. I took the disk out, held it in front of the display and shouted, "Look you bastard, here is the disk; it's right here!" It didn't work. I ended up getting so frustrated that I took it out into the garden, jumped on it a few times and chucked it in the bin. I had to buy a new DVD player.

MatildaTheCat Tue 10-Nov-15 12:38:14

We need an HRT emoticon on MN.

OP, YANBU. Bastard pants and even more Bastard Nazi washing machine. Can you punish it?

VinylScratch Tue 10-Nov-15 12:46:43

Ooh the washing machine saying no to me would give me the rage too, how dare you, you insolent metal twat. Which machine is it so I can make sure I never buy it.

My friend's machine plays a little tune when it finishes, that's nice.

ihatevirginmobile Tue 10-Nov-15 12:54:13

Thanks for the cake and wine ...I'd better leave the wine until this evening...
I am thinking of emailing the manufacturer to tell them to change the 'no' display to something more conciliatory - I know they might need to make the display the width of the machine but something like "I'm frightfully sorry but that won't be possible at the moment because if I do let you open the door there will be a flood" might be more suitable. (Although tbh you couldn't see water against the glass....so I do think it was just being an awkward bastard for the sake of it ...)
The 'no' is all in lower case though - maybe that is supposed to make me feel less ragey - CAPS LOCK shouting NO might be more irritating?

Euripidesralph Tue 10-Nov-15 12:57:07

Not unreasonable I say,

So far today the bin bag gave me the rage because it floated shut just as the leftover pasta was dropped towards the opening

The handle on the sideboard caught my side twice in a row and quietly got threatened with being put on the mythical bonfire

And the cat was sleeping two inches too close to me so got the death glare from hell usually reserved for traffic wardens and chugged in the high street

In comparison you are a picture of sanity ..... I vote carry on and show the recalcitrant machine who is boss gringrinthanks

ihatevirginmobile Tue 10-Nov-15 12:59:27

It is a Bosch Excel - a few years old and it is a handy feature...normally that is when it is in a good helpful mood and says Yes....
actually I think it is the washing machine that needs HRT ...

SecondMrsAshwell Tue 10-Nov-15 13:00:03

No, I had the same thing the other day, when I loaded all my light washing (it's just me) into the washing machine and set it on its way. Job done, I thought. Came out of the kitchen

To find a single pink sock on the hall floor.

Fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now