Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to have given the old lady a mouthful when she let her dog crap in my front garden?

(66 Posts)
Winniethewylde Tue 10-Nov-15 10:06:38

I was just walking up to my front door and I don't think she saw me approaching but still. She said she'd been making him wait, he was desperate and she'd clean it up. I feel angry and pointed out that my kids play there. Surely this isn't normal behaviour for dog owners?

flanjabelle Tue 10-Nov-15 10:08:05

Yanbu, as long as you weren't aggressive. It's not ok to let your dog shit on someone's property.

EssentialHummus Tue 10-Nov-15 10:10:35

Did she clean it up?

I would have raised hell.

Winniethewylde Tue 10-Nov-15 10:13:25

She did pick it up, but that little bit remains doesn't it?

I wasn't aggressive but I clearly showed I wasn't happy.

I live in a cul de sac as well and she doesn't even live in it so the fact she'd walked round my close, let her dog crap then wandered off annoyed me too (maybe that bit is bu though)

ThenLaterWhenItGotDark Tue 10-Nov-15 10:13:38

YANBU but what does her age have to do with anything? Would you have said "to have given the woman in her 20s a mouthful"?

Winniethewylde Tue 10-Nov-15 10:14:17

Maybe I just felt more guilty after because she was elderly. I would have said it to anyone though.

Battleshiphips2 Tue 10-Nov-15 10:23:40

I would never let my dog even walk on someone's garden never mind crap on it! I wouldn't worry about it. What was he doing on your garden in the first place.

celtictoast Tue 10-Nov-15 10:27:34

YANBU. You don't walk your dogs in other people's gardens.

Gruntfuttock Tue 10-Nov-15 10:27:41

IN your garden? So, she actually walked her dog into your cul de sac and then into your garden? That's bizarre!

guajiraguantanamera Tue 10-Nov-15 10:27:53

After getting dog shit all over my pram wheels and shoe the other day, I would have told her exactly what an inconsiderate arsehole she was being!

Winniethewylde Tue 10-Nov-15 10:28:06

She was walking it along and clearly he was sniffing looking for somewhere to crap and decided on my garden. It has grass that isn't fenced off but it's directly outside my house. Maybe she thought it wasn't a garden but she said 'well I've been making him wait a long time...' So she didn't say oh sorry I didn't realise etc

LetThereBeCupcakes Tue 10-Nov-15 10:31:27

YANBU.

I have dogs. When I take them for a walk we have to go along a street with open plan front gardens. I do NOT let them go on the gardens. There's a strip of grass between the footpath and the street and when we first moved here I praised them for walking on that bit and "ah-ah"ed them when they tried to go on the other side (on gardens). They learnt VERY quickly.

You're right about leaving bits - when they go in my garden unless it's REALLY solid there's always a bit left. Grim.

Floggingmolly Tue 10-Nov-15 10:32:41

Making him wait? confused. If he really does shit on command she was even more unreasonable to decide your garden was the ideal place to "let" him...

GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Tue 10-Nov-15 10:34:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Tue 10-Nov-15 10:35:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CocktailQueen Tue 10-Nov-15 10:35:43

Yuk. YANBU. This drives me mad. At least she cleared it up but it's grim letting her dog crap on someone else's garden in the first place!

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Tue 10-Nov-15 10:35:58

She'd been making him wait a long time? So probably had ample time to get somewhere more suitable than a stranger's front garden then!

I understand that dogs (well, all animals) have to poo somewhere - but surely if an owner recognises the signs that their pet needs to go they would make an effort to walk in the direction of a grass verge or hard path (where it would hopefully be easier to pick the poo up from?).

Not round a cul-de-sac of houses.

Panicmode1 Tue 10-Nov-15 10:52:16

YANBU - I'm a dog owner and although I can't control where my dog goes (have tried to train her to go on command but doesn't work here!), I never let her walk in/on/near people's gardens and I would never let her poo in someone's garden!

ExitPursuedByABear Tue 10-Nov-15 10:56:11

I once leapt out of my front door to berate a chap for letting his dog crap on the pavement right outside my front gate. He pointed out that the elderly dog's elderly owner had died and he was taking the dog for one last walk before he went to the vets to be pts.

blush Made me feel crap.

However YANBU

ValiantMouse Tue 10-Nov-15 10:59:37

She could have used the gutter/over a drain if the poor thing was really that desperate to go.

twofingerstoGideon Tue 10-Nov-15 11:03:04

Is allowing your dog to poo into a drain really okay?

Battleshiphips2 Tue 10-Nov-15 11:03:55

Exit if my dog starts to stoop outside someone's front gate I pull him past the gate and push him over. Then again I carry water round to swill the pavement after he's been. I've even been known to go back with boiling water and disinfectant if he's done a runny poo! After all I chose to have a dog. I'd hate to think of a little one falling over on it.
My neighbours must think I'm crazy. Haha.

spritefairy Tue 10-Nov-15 11:08:42

Jeez I must be the only thinking that as long as she picked it up why does it matter!! As long as she hadn't come directly on your front lawn and then ts bagged and binned oh well. Pretty soon, people wont be able to walk the dog in case it dares to toilet somewhere

Whycantibetangy Tue 10-Nov-15 11:14:51

YANBU Fence or no fence, its your garden and thats just not on. She could have pulled it to the side of the road, the path,the gutter, anywhere really.

ExitPursuedByABear Tue 10-Nov-15 11:16:57

DH gets angsty when people let their dogs wee on our front bushes. Think he is going a bit far with that one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now