Talk

Advanced search

Why are trains so blooming hot?

(5 Posts)
Figmentofmyimagination Tue 10-Nov-15 08:33:45

Every morning at this time of year, my thameslink train feels like an oven and everyone who can do has stripped down to t shirt or shirt sleeves. I get on first, and once it is packed with standing passengers later in the journey, it's even worse. None of the windows open in these new style trains, and IMHO we don't need heating at all - or at least it could certainly be turned down quite a few notches. Turning it off might also make a tiny dent in huge season ticket cost.

TobleroneBoo Tue 10-Nov-15 08:34:23

Ah mine is blasting out ice cold air today, which is wonderful confused

Queenbean Tue 10-Nov-15 08:37:01

I totally agree with you, I hate getting trains at this time of year because they are swelteringly hot and if it's been raining then it's all horrible and steamy inside

I usually take my coat off on the platform before the train arrives in anticipation of the heat, looking completely weird in the process

Figmentofmyimagination Tue 10-Nov-15 08:37:29

Lucky you - I hate "too hot" public spaces, especially when you feel airless and trapped.

Timeforanamechangey Tue 10-Nov-15 10:32:19

Yanbu, I get motion sickness which is made worse by it being too hot. If the windows actually opened it wouldn't be so bad!

I find the tube is especially bad, I've felt on the verge of passing out on there before :/

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: