Talk

Advanced search

To think there's too many kinds of Colgate

(27 Posts)
Oysterbabe Mon 09-Nov-15 23:10:29

I'm sure I read somewhere that there's 30 different kinds. Just got this one out of the cupboard. DH will think his luck is in when he sees which one I've picked up without paying attention when shopping.

y0rkier0se Mon 09-Nov-15 23:23:08

I feel ya! How can toothpaste possible be seductive? hmm

Womaloosh Mon 09-Nov-15 23:25:31

YANBU

hiddenhome2 Mon 09-Nov-15 23:27:45

Colgate is ridiculous. I'm sick of all the different kinds. It's out of control. Shoppers feel stressed and overwhelmed if faced with too many choices. This is why Aldi and Lidl do so well.

SuckingEggs Mon 09-Nov-15 23:28:48

Absolutely. It's crazy. I never know what the difference is, either.

WotNoLoobrush Mon 09-Nov-15 23:36:04

YANBU.

I stopped buying Colegate when I realised their tubes are full of air.

IKillEveryBloodyThreadIPostOn Mon 09-Nov-15 23:37:38

YANBU.

I absent-mindedly picked one up the other day and threw it in the trolley. It was lemon, for goodness sake. A lemon flavoured minty toothpaste! Yuck envy

HopefulAnxiety Mon 09-Nov-15 23:49:49

IKill was it lemon and mint or just lemon? I don't think I'd mind a lemon and mint one anyway, but there aren't enough non-minty toothpastes for adults who hate mint.

But OP YANBU! It's ridiculous. Sainsburys Basics is 25p I think, not tested on animals, and perfectly good.

SwedishEdith Mon 09-Nov-15 23:55:49

Yanbu. And they never do one that does everything. Each one only does about 2 out of 8 things that toothpaste claims it does.

Notgrumpyjustquiet Tue 10-Nov-15 00:04:15

Oh god shopping for toothpaste drives me absolutely fucking mad. I dread running out of it and having to buy more. And yes, why does it all taste of lockets these days? I'm stuck with 6 fucking tubes of it since last time when I bought loads and it was 'the wrong stuff'. I use mouthwash mostly now, let the rest of the household use the paste seeing as they don't seem to mind and never bloody buy any anyway angry

whatdoIget Tue 10-Nov-15 00:08:37

I've got some aqua fresh that tastes like lockers. I've kept it as a spare in case we run out of colgate. I try and find the one I like amongst all the others, but it's not easy. There seem to be a lot of different sizes of it, as well as all the flavours.

steff13 Tue 10-Nov-15 03:41:16

Firstly, the one to buy is Colgate Total Advanced Deep Clean. Secondly, I love all the choices! Colgate, Crest, Aquafresh, Arm & Hammer, I love having choices.

Eminybob Tue 10-Nov-15 03:58:45

Do any of them actually do what they claim to? I've been using whitening for years and imo my teeth are no whiter than when I started. Or is it just preventing them from going brown? confused

Anyway, my dentist gave me a little tube of some Colgate sugar acid neutralising stuff to try for DS, which is a nice idea if it works as he does eat a lot of fruit but am I just being lured in with fancy claims? Would the basics stuff do the job just as well?

VulcanWoman Tue 10-Nov-15 05:12:13

Oh it's such a load of BS marketing crap. I get fluoride free from health food shop, end of.

Aussiemum78 Tue 10-Nov-15 05:47:34

Why don't you want flouride?

VulcanWoman Tue 10-Nov-15 06:01:42

I believe it's harmful to consume.

Leigh1980 Tue 10-Nov-15 06:17:07

Fluoride is harmful to consume in large doses that's why it's so important to spit the toothpaste out. They put fluoride in the water but I think it's a small amount in a lot of water.

Tangoandcreditcards Tue 10-Nov-15 06:36:08

I always get flustered buying toothpaste. Overwhelmed by choice.

And don't even get me started on shower gel.

I need to stop going to Boots, it's too stressful.

Leigh1980 Tue 10-Nov-15 06:59:48

The vitamins get to me as there are tons of different ones to choose from.

ftmsoon Tue 10-Nov-15 07:00:38

Tango I just buy whatever is on offer. DH is not allowed favourites! In my head, toothpaste should be about £1 for 100ml and shower gel £1 for 250ml. It makes it easier!

RobinHumphries Tue 10-Nov-15 07:01:19

There are only 3 areas of the country where the water companies add fluoride to the water, one is Birmingham and I can never remember the other 2. For everywhere else it occurs naturally. It also occurs in tea.

Footle Tue 10-Nov-15 07:08:15

Toothpaste, including 57 varieties of Colgate, is £1 a tube in Home Bargains.

YakTriangle Tue 10-Nov-15 07:11:42

I always buy it in Home Bargains or a pound shop too - I vaguely check what the box says, realise I don't really care whether it's for sensitive teeth, shiny teeth, whiter teeth or purple teeth with a hint of orange and just chuck one in my basket. They're all much the same really.

Pointlessfan Tue 10-Nov-15 07:14:02

Agreed! I just buy whichever one they have in the pound shop.

londonrach Tue 10-Nov-15 07:15:27

I buy colgate toothpaste from the 99p shop and agree the choice is silly.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: