Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bastard Fucking Nights.

(24 Posts)
HookedOnHooking Mon 09-Nov-15 14:15:23

Bastard shit bollocking wankfucker twat nobbing bloddy cunting fucking shit twattingarse buggering stupid crap fucking bastard nights.

YellowDinosaur Mon 09-Nov-15 14:17:51

Night shifts? I share your sentiments if so...

frikadela01 Mon 09-Nov-15 14:21:03

Yup if it's night shift I hear your pain... first of 7 tonight angry

HookedOnHooking Mon 09-Nov-15 14:22:25

I'm awake!!!!!! I want to be asleep and I'm not!!!!!!

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Mon 09-Nov-15 14:37:25

I used to love nights!

No supervisors disturbing things, so far more work got done.

Exdp was on days, so I got to sleep in the whole bed without his snoring!

And the money was bloody good too.

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Mon 09-Nov-15 14:39:35

Yup. I agree. (Although it's not so much the nights themselves as the swapping between nights and days).

QuizteamBleakley Mon 09-Nov-15 14:44:08

Why are you awake? First night in a set? Some bastard woken you? I feel your pain flowers in lieu of earplugs.

Pippin8 Mon 09-Nov-15 14:46:43

Hate, hate, hate nights. The only good thing about them is driving home on a cold wet Monday morning & getting in bed when everyone else is getting up. I did them for 6 years & had constant wind, abdo pain & bloating.

I've swapped jobs now & do a nice sociable 8-4 working pattern.

G1veMeStrength Mon 09-Nov-15 14:51:11

They are shit. Also shit is fitting around someone who works nights/lates/days/randomness. Especially if they have tinnitus and can't wear ear plugs and you have two children and a full time job and the fecking boiler is broken and you're behind on everything at work but twatting away the time on mumsnet. angry

EvansOvalPiesYumYum Mon 09-Nov-15 14:54:48

Are you talking about insomnia Hooked ?

f so, I feel your pain. I'm usually awake from around 2:00am-ish for about four hours. If anyone can recommend a remedy, I'll try it. I drink milk before bedtime, have tried Kalms night-time which are utterly useless, Nytol which just leaves me feeling as though I have a hangover. I'm at the end of my tether.

MadameJosephine Mon 09-Nov-15 14:56:00

Me too pippin, after a decade of shift work I now have a civilised mon-fri 8.30-4.30 it's wonderful

I feel your pain OP, nights are indeed fucking bastards! I used to love the actual work but I just can't sleep during the day so as the days go on I become more and more miserable and bad tempered (at home I hasten to add not with my patients) and then when it's time to go back into days I can't sleep at night!! Aaaarrgghh

yorkshapudding Mon 09-Nov-15 14:56:52

Oh, I really feel for you, I used to HATE nights with a passion. I could never sleep in the day, tried blackout blinds, ear plugs, white noise etc, nothing worked.

EvansOvalPiesYumYum Mon 09-Nov-15 15:01:29

Sleeping during the day is especially hard, as everyone else makes normal daytime noise (naturally).

Drills, lawnmowers, strimmers, talking loudly!

juneau Mon 09-Nov-15 15:11:43

Have you tried taking melatonin? You might want to consult your doctor first, but I know it can help you feel sleepy when you need to, if taken at the right time.

Adarajames Mon 09-Nov-15 15:13:23

Give melatonin a go, needs o be on prescription or get from abroad, but it's natural and been a wonder for sorting my insomnia. I've gone from getting only a few hrs sleep in a fortnight, to having only a handful of bad insomnia nights since sterling taking it a little over a year ago

DrDreReturns Mon 09-Nov-15 15:14:56

I used to love nights - the phone never rang, you could just get on with your work, no senior managers around!
I used to do month on / month off. The first week back on days was knackering. I also found that I spent pretty much all of Saturday in bed when I was on night shift. The bonus was finishing on Friday morning and starting your weekend when everyone else was going in to work!

EvansOvalPiesYumYum Mon 09-Nov-15 15:53:28

Thank you, Juneau and Adara. Will give it a try. smile

PolterGoose Mon 09-Nov-15 16:19:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Pandora97 Mon 09-Nov-15 16:52:48

I actually enjoy nights - less managers, less visitors getting in the way, more camaraderie with the team, more relaxed atmosphere. 4 is my maximum though - any more than that and I'd be dead. The thought of 7....ouch!

I sleep okay during the day but don't feel as well rested. I can cope but by the end of a run I end up spending the first day off sleeping to catch up. So that's a day wasted. Then I might have a day or two off then the next one I can't relax as I know I've got to go to work that night. I ended up feeling like I lived there which sucked.

PunkrockerGirl Mon 09-Nov-15 17:01:36

I quite liked working nights. As pp said, it was the swapping between nights and days that I found difficult. I only work days now, it was getting that I really couldn't sleep during the day for more than about an hour and my health (physical and mental) was suffering.

HookedOnHooking Mon 09-Nov-15 17:07:46

To clariify...

Night shifts.
I simply cannot sleep during the day. I have ear plugs. I've tried melatonin. I can't bloody sleep..

frikadela01 Mon 09-Nov-15 18:40:12

Only benefit of 7 nights is the 7 days off after. Its the only thing that keeps me going .

HookedOnHooking Tue 10-Nov-15 05:42:57

Hate nights.

CanadianJohn Tue 10-Nov-15 06:00:53

I'm retired, but I used to work night shift, most of my career.

The big local factory runs 24 hours a day, the day shift and afternoon shift alternate, but the night shift stays on nights.

I loved it, the only problem was on days off it was hard to get switched around to being awake in the day and sleeping at night.

The extra 10% (shift premium) didn't hurt, either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now