Talk

Advanced search

To think Daft Punk have made some of the best music of the last 50 years

(23 Posts)
velourvoyageur Sun 08-Nov-15 19:05:31

Daft Punk fan MNers, please come out of the woodwork!
It's like Kate Bush. I can't find anyone in real life who's into her, then she gives a concert and the tickets sell out in ten minutes....
Everyone knows Wuthering Heights, like everyone knows Get Lucky, but beyond that....

I think DP are better than the Beatles and I have a Beatles tattoo so don't say that lightly.
Anyone? favourite songs?

dogwalker75 Sun 08-Nov-15 19:08:49

YANBU to think Daft Punk are great - they are!

YABVU to suggest they are better than THE BEATLES! shock For shame!

P.S what is your tattoo of?

fascicle Sun 08-Nov-15 19:13:41

Have you got the Simpsons on, velour? wink

velourvoyageur Sun 08-Nov-15 19:14:00

grin I knew that might get some people incensed
but Ireally think it!
Before when I'd just heard Get Lucky and was studiously avoiding anything to do with them I'd have had the same reaction....maybe I've listened to the Beatles TOO much. if possible.

bit identifying but JL silhouette, penultimate album smile

velourvoyageur Sun 08-Nov-15 19:15:06

ooh no, is there a DP themed Simpsons? youtube time if so smile

Hamishandthefoxes Sun 08-Nov-15 19:19:58

Yanbu. Lose yourself to dance and around the world are my favourites!

backwardpossom Sun 08-Nov-15 19:22:45

YANBU Daft Punk are fantastic. I think YAprobablyBU to say they're better than The Beatles, though! wink

I saw them in 2007 at Rock Ness. They were amazing.

SurferJet Sun 08-Nov-15 19:26:27

YANBU - 'get lucky' was the song of 2013.

Love them. smile

velourvoyageur Sun 08-Nov-15 19:28:35

aw, fans smile hello

I can't pick between High Life, Make Love or Teachers.

And I'm sitting on my hands to stop myself buying a t shirt with Technologic lyrics printed on it.

thenightsky Sun 08-Nov-15 19:29:28

They are amazing, yes... but best music in 50 years? No. Not when compared to the Beatles, the Stones, Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Santana, Motown, etc.

Ridingthegravytrain Sun 08-Nov-15 19:34:16

One more time! Nuff said

backwardpossom Sun 08-Nov-15 19:38:37

I don't think you can compare those artists though. Completely different style of music. In terms of innovation, they must surely be on a par.

Lucidlady Sun 08-Nov-15 19:39:52

YANNNNNBU. Love Daft Punk.

bigmouthstrikesagain Sun 08-Nov-15 19:45:57

Daft punk are ace definitely very influential and innovative.

Guitargirl Sun 08-Nov-15 19:51:33

Daft Punk are fab.

I wrote my PhD thesis to a soundtrack of very loud Daft Punk via headphones.

The downside of that is that every time I hear them now it makes me feel slightly sick and under-slept grin.

donajimena Sun 08-Nov-15 19:58:11

I love daft punk. Around the world is probably my favourite.

yesyestisme Sun 08-Nov-15 20:13:24

Oooh I love DP. Hello fellow fans smile

My favourites are Aerodynamic and Face to Face

velourvoyageur Sun 08-Nov-15 20:59:41

oh Face to Face! The Cosmo Vitelli remix is one of my favourites on Daft Club. His remix of Little Scare by Benjamin Diamond is good too.

Dafspunk Sun 08-Nov-15 21:04:13

I listened to One More Time on repeat all the way round my marathon (all 4 hours 12 mins of it). I just kept wanting One More Time one more time grin

fascicle Mon 09-Nov-15 13:08:45

ooh no, is there a DP themed Simpsons?

No idea, but somebody here was watching the Simpsons, I heard them play Get Lucky and then your thread appeared. grin

BringMeTea Mon 09-Nov-15 13:12:02

Love them kooky fellas...

clockbuscanada Mon 09-Nov-15 13:34:49

I used to go to Twilo in NY back in the day and Thomas Bangalter used to be there every few months to DJ. Can't believe he's the same age as my DH. The video for Around the World is one of my all-time favourites (and the Playmobil version is fun, too). Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger is my favourite, if I had to choose. I loved the dance challenge to it on Big Brother they did one year back when it was still watchable

Winglet Mon 09-Nov-15 13:45:00

Discovery takes me back to being 18 and out partying all the time to those songs.
I used to see the video for Digital Love and then Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger and think it was brilliant, but didn't know until a few years later about Interstella 5555. It is ace! i think the videos are all on youtube still.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now