Talk

Advanced search

To be annoyed at idiots on amazon

(43 Posts)
lexigrey Sun 08-Nov-15 11:36:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Only1scoop Sun 08-Nov-15 11:38:49

grin

Your Op made me chuckle for some reason. It's extremely silly isn't it.

I notice this quite a bit on toys also.

'Bought it for GC for Christmas so haven't opened box but it looks good'

Gruntfuttock Sun 08-Nov-15 11:41:12

I agree. I also get annoyed by people who are supposed to be giving feedback for the Marketplace seller (delivery time/packaging etc) and review the product instead. Stupid buggers.

scarlets Sun 08-Nov-15 11:42:17

DVD review ...."Bought it for the wife who hasn't watched it yet".

I can't stand the expression "the wife" so this review was even more irritating to me lol.

"Not really my cup of tea" was another oh-so-helpful review.

73dexter Sun 08-Nov-15 11:43:18

What do they say about the book?! Lovely cover, nice size, useful as a coaster?

catfordbetty Sun 08-Nov-15 11:43:31

There should be a warning on Amazon reviews: "For entertainment purposes only".

RitaConnors Sun 08-Nov-15 11:48:33

I saw negative feedback for a seller on eBay that said something like 'this group has really gone downhill since their last album'.

ZenNudist Sun 08-Nov-15 11:53:41

There's lots of fake reviews as well.

Not amazon but similar, was looking at reviews of Indian restaurants in my area and started to think it was just the owner's friends giving good reviews and normal punters giving the bad/ mediocre reviews.

Online reviews quite pointless but still I read them!

ChessieFL Sun 08-Nov-15 11:56:37

It's because Amazon send an email asking for feedback and people obviously think this is compulsory rather than optional!

hebihebi Sun 08-Nov-15 12:00:56

I was going to order some flowers once for my mum from M&S. The ones I was looking at had a real mix of great and poor reviews. The great reviews were from the people who had ordered them and the poor ones were all from the people who had actually received them. It was so funny!

StealthPolarBear Sun 08-Nov-15 12:06:36

Is it not as a result of getting an email? Stupid I agree

DriverSurpriseMe Sun 08-Nov-15 12:08:04

I love Amazon reviews that simply say "Arrived quickly". You're not reviewing the quality of the service, dumbass!

PastaLaFeasta Sun 08-Nov-15 12:39:47

I hate the ones that gush about it being amazing, perfect for the job etc. But then give three stars.

BanningTheWordNaice Sun 08-Nov-15 12:44:57

I find the amazon q and a section particularly irritating. "Does this model include a remote" "Umm not sure I've got another model". WHY the fuck answer then?! Obviously it's people getting an email and feeling they have to respond bu it's really irritating reading through all the answers to find someone who actually bought that model.

ProfYaffle Sun 08-Nov-15 12:56:28

YY, I always think that about the Q &A's! "Is this hose compatible with Hoselock fittings?", "I don't know", why the fuck reply then??

YANBU. But, there is always the entertainment value...

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000KKNQBK?keywords=veet%20for%20men%20hair%20removal%20gel%20cream%20200%20ml&qid=1446987134&ref_=sr_1_2&sr=8-2

MadeMan Sun 08-Nov-15 13:18:55

Paul Ross Box Canvas Print

laffymeal Sun 08-Nov-15 13:20:32

The Paul Ross thread is brilliant, I first discovered it from a Digital Spy link, I spent about 5 hours allegedly working but just scrolling through them all, I had tears and snot laughing.

PhilPhilConnors Sun 08-Nov-15 13:21:11

I get emails to ask me to review the purchasing experience - packaging, speed of delivery etc., when I click to do so it takes me to the area to review the product, so I can see why this happens.

SmillasSenseOfSnow Sun 08-Nov-15 13:23:46

I love Amazon reviews that simply say "Arrived quickly". You're not reviewing the quality of the service, dumbass!

This annoys the fuck out of me. I actually use reviews to see whether I should purchase an item, I can't stand utter morons messing up the rating with 'one star because the box was damaged in the post' and other nonsense.

I find the amazon q and a section particularly irritating. "Does this model include a remote" "Umm not sure I've got another model". WHY the fuck answer then?!

This, however, I find mildly amusing. grin

MaisieDotes Sun 08-Nov-15 13:26:36

telephone I laughed so much just then that DH came rushing in from the other room to see if I was all right.

grin grin grin

laffymeal Sun 08-Nov-15 13:37:09

Aw, yes, the awesome Veet hair removal thread, I'm scared to go past the first page, MIL is coming for dinner and seeing me hysterical at the PC with no steak pie in the oven isn't going to cut it.

EnidB Sun 08-Nov-15 13:39:17

telephone thank you so much, that is the best laugh I've had in ages!

WhatWouldLeslieKnopeDo Sun 08-Nov-15 13:57:17

YANBU. This is both infuriating and entertaining.

The best/worst I have read was someone who reviewed a camping product, not on Amazon. He wanted it for a trip, you see, and he had left it quite late to buy one. It wasn't available in the first store he tried, but five stars because it was available in the Northampton branch hmmangry he hadn't used it yet, but he was going to report back afterwards, and never did.

I just don't understand. He was rushing about buying something at the last minute, had to go to two different towns to look in the shop because it was too late for delivery, but then he came home and decided to write a completely useless review on the website confused

When I was trying to buy a new laptop this year, there were so many from people who hadn't opened the box yet or gave a low rating because they didn't like the new Start menu on Windows 8, or whatever. One whose grandson was visiting from Newcastle in a few weeks and would help him set it up so he would write a review then hmm

I think partly it is the wording of the emails. People less familiar with Internet shopping might think that they are being personally asked for a review or to answer the questions, not realising that it is an automatic message. Sometimes it seem like they think they are replying to an individual and don't realise it will be published on the website.

I have a weird admiration for the people who write hugely long and detailed reviews, often with further updates after a few weeks of use. The headphone socket is 17mm from the edge of the casing, which really sets this model apart from its predecessor. The colour is described as slate grey, but I'd describe it as charcoal, having spent a summer investigating lichen growth at a slate mine in Wales. I will be back to update when I have confirmed the exact hue, value and chroma with my Munsell chart.

KurriKurri Sun 08-Nov-15 13:57:28

I've read book reviews on Amazon that make reading the book redundant

"I was really looking forward to this book and wasn't disappointed - I loved the fact that John and Martha finally get married and have three children -although it is sad when John loses his job after stealing the Christmas money. But the ending when Martha is killed in a surprise drive by shooting left me stunned - I never saw that coming. Definitely buy if you are a fan of Martha and John and their antics."

hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now