Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to ask what super cheap (£2ish or below) gift ideas you have?

(44 Posts)
chumbler Sun 08-Nov-15 11:04:27

Work has a stocking filler thing going on, so need some ideas for cheap cheap stocking fillers really, novelty ideas appreciated!!

So far I've seen novelty hats in asda but they are £5 shock

And novelty glasses in the works (£2!)

Any ideas? Sorry for yet another Christmas thread but hope it won't be tooooo annoying just yet!!

Stanky Sun 08-Nov-15 11:27:57

Poundland? I'm sure that they'll have all sorts of novelty Christmas items.

I don't understand the work stocking filler situation? How does that work? Are they for children? Sorry for being thick, I've never heard of work stocking fillers. confused

Fantasyland Sun 08-Nov-15 11:29:51

Ive just bought a small pin art sculpture (makes shapes/hand prints etc out of pins ) for £2.99 from b and m which i have been playing with even though it's for my son as a stocking filler

Asheth Sun 08-Nov-15 11:31:27

Do you have a poundland or 99p shop near you? They usually have Christmas novelty items.

Hawkins Bazaar also has loads of things for under £2, like joke pens, glasses, beard, bubbles, Christmas whistle etc.

IguanaTail Sun 08-Nov-15 11:32:31

Can you make some shortbread?

scarlets Sun 08-Nov-15 11:34:44

Chocolate Santa. Christmas themed pen and pencil. Socks with snowflakes on. Tree decoration. Chocolate money in a net. All avaolable from supermarkets.

I'm also intrigued by the idea!

AnyoneButAndre Sun 08-Nov-15 11:39:08

If you have a local branch of Tiger they're excellent for really cheap attractive gimmicky gifts.

QueenArseClangers Sun 08-Nov-15 11:55:16

Packets of seeds? Scratch cards for adults? Contents of a selection box? Some places sell novelty socks for under a quid. Gel pens are good and can split a multi pack, same with erasers.

QueenArseClangers Sun 08-Nov-15 11:57:30

Just seen that stockings are for adults, sachets of posh coffee/tea?
Bath fizzers and a bar of soap.

VirtuosoRidiculoso Sun 08-Nov-15 12:00:39

I saw a nice watch in Home Bargains (blue) for £1.99.

Pooseyfrumpture Sun 08-Nov-15 12:24:06

Give them two of these: www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=278557819

weaselwords Sun 08-Nov-15 12:25:38

I got some rather nice memory sticks from Amazon that were under £2. I don't know if they actually work yet though.

Outfoxed Sun 08-Nov-15 12:34:12

Primark always do novelty socks..don't know if they're under £2 anymore, primark prices are on their way up

londonrach Sun 08-Nov-15 12:48:34

Poundshop and 99p..shh dont tell my secret santa.

tictactoad Sun 08-Nov-15 13:07:14

I've just bought Darth Vader soap on a rope for £2 from Superdrug. Got a Minion one as well for 23year old ds grin

HackerFucker22 Sun 08-Nov-15 13:08:02

Do you have a 'Tiger' store near you?

laffymeal Sun 08-Nov-15 13:18:27

B&M Stores are brilliant, they have a lot of heavily reduced stuff bought up from bin ends of other stores like M&S and Boots, you can get some good bargains.

Garlick Sun 08-Nov-15 13:20:42

Bottle of beer; cocktail in a can.
Chocolates/biscuits.
Lottery ticket.
Silly hat, spy mask, electric handshake, etc from pound shop or J-Mart.
Key-fob torch.
Memory card/stick or NFC tags.
Party poppers; silly string; bubble stuff.
Batteries (for all the things you're going to get at Christmas.)
Pack of cards; plastic chequers set; slinky; stress toy.
Socks!

FeralBeryl Sun 08-Nov-15 13:24:30

Pound land.....

Are you ready?

SINGING Lady Gaga toothbrushes grin
Oh I've stocked up good and proper - sings 2 songs too

AnyoneButAndre Sun 08-Nov-15 13:51:01

Tinned g&t/ rum & coke is a great idea. Tescos have them 3 for 2 at the moment, so well under 2 quid.

Garlick Sun 08-Nov-15 14:09:04

I might have to get one of those, Beryl. For myself!

chumbler Sun 08-Nov-15 14:24:37

Wow some great ideas thank you! Never go to superdrug or b&m but looks like I'll have to make a visit!

LittleAlligator Sun 08-Nov-15 15:59:52

www.hawkin.com/matchbox-puzzles

These are 39p each in Home Bargains

Also bottles of WKD type drink for 69p
Bags of Christmas Marshmallows for about 59p

Sgtmajormummy Sun 08-Nov-15 16:04:54

Agree with Tiger Shops. I got brilliant balloon-powered racing cars (very light plastic), 2 for £1!

zipzap Sun 08-Nov-15 16:11:24

have a look on the christmas bargain threads - lots of ideas.

ebay.com is also your friend - lots of stuff that comes from china etc is priced at (say) 99p on ebay.co.uk but 99 cents on ebay.com - so with the difference in exchange rates it means it's about 65-70p instead. Do searches on ebay.com and order them as lowest price + postage first to see the good bargains.

There are often things that have an auction going on that they start at a cent with free postage (how they make money I don't know!) although they rise more than that usually, so you can get some ridiculous bargains. But if you need things more speedily then just use the 'buy it now' option to see stuff and buy it with no hanging around.

You can use your ebay.co.uk log in and paypal so it takes care of any foreign currency exchange.

Depends on how much time you have until it's needed... Can sometimes take three or four weeks to arrive although some stuff is much faster.

Things I've bought on there as stocking fillers / presents/ bits and bobs include:
reusable shopping bags - which compress down to be roses, strawberries, clown fish, and more, buy it now price starting from about 75 cents (50p) - good this year now we have to buy plastic bags

kawaii stationery - especially post it notes and memo blocks. Have had some bargains on these. Usually very cute stuff, lots of stuff around a dollar.

Little silicone sucker stands for iphones/ipads - single ones for 99cents but also managed to get 5 packs for a couple of dollars. Shapes include little men (my favourite), pigs, robots, balls. There are also other little stands like elephants - I saw them for sale recently in the UK for £5 in somewhere like Paperchase and got them for less than a dollar.

Other silicon stuff - little snails that sit on the side of your cup to hold onto tea bags, cup covers, cord winders for headphone cables (come in all sorts of designs if you know somebody is into something in particular),

Bag organisers, little make up bags, pouches for cables, pencil cases etc.

Scarves - can be ridiculously cheap, especially if you can be bothered to look on the auction stuff - order by finishing soonest and you might see stuff you like that nobody else/very few others have bid on

Santa stuff - slap bands (probably a bit young but if going for the silly stuff or bags to put a bottle or two in)

TEmporary tattoos or the nylon fake tattoo sleeves - can be very cheap

However...
I'd avoid anything to do with food or makeup or stuff where their lower standards might have a detrimental effect, despite seeming cheaper they might be a false economy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now