Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To force feed DH fish fingers for the entire day

(25 Posts)
iwannadancewithsomebody Sun 08-Nov-15 10:01:20

DH went out last night and returned around 3am. I don't have a problem with this as he rarely goes out so once in a blue moon is ok with me.

However I went through to the kitchen this morning to make DC breakfast and there was a chair holding open both the fridge and freezer doors (built in unit on top of each other). The snack cupboard is above the unit so I assume he was trying to rummage for munchies.

Now the ice and ice lollies had melted, the frozen veg was salvaged but the meat and fish have partially defrosted so I will be batch cooking today.

However, there is 40 bloody fish fingers! Would IBU to force feed him the fish fingers for the rest of the day? I have encouraged the DC to noisy, the washing machine is on and the hoover is about to go on too. Is there anything else I should be doing to aid his suffering?

WiIdfire Sun 08-Nov-15 10:04:02

Ah, sorry but I've spotted a grammatical error in your post. I think you meant to write 'HE will be batch cooking all day'...

Scarletforya Sun 08-Nov-15 10:04:38

Oh I'd kill him. Make him do the cooking!

Fish fingers on tap isn't a punishment, I'd love that when hungover blush

WiIdfire Sun 08-Nov-15 10:04:46

Also, I love fish fingers. Want a visitor? I reckon I could polish off about 20.

icanteven Sun 08-Nov-15 10:06:29

"I will be batch cooking today."

Nope.

That would be HIM.

zombieme8 Sun 08-Nov-15 10:08:00

I think Wildfire is very astute grin

Your dh is a plonker. Could you book in some guests popping in around 3pm when the suffering is peaking? Friends with small noisy toddlers who will just be getting over tired? Your dcs' aunties/uncles/grandparents to get them all riled up and overexcited?

Or fill dcs full of haribo then realise you have to 'pop' to the shop... For 3 hours... grin

pinkyredrose Sun 08-Nov-15 10:09:07

Um he'll be cooking surely! Make sure everything you say to him is in a loud sing song voice as though he's a child.

iwannadancewithsomebody Sun 08-Nov-15 10:10:48

Ah, you are quite right HE will be doing the cooking.

I will rally the troops and their kids and happily dish out the remaining Halloween treats!

ifyoulikepinacolada Sun 08-Nov-15 10:13:06

OP i love your sense of humour. 40 fish fingers sounds like a great hangover cure though so couldn't you invite some other small noisy children over to help yours polish them off? Give them tambourines too.

Hobbes8 Sun 08-Nov-15 10:21:47

We had to defrost the freezer once when leaving a shared flat and edmded up eating about 30 potato croquettes each. That was a good day.

LibrariesGaveUsP0wer Sun 08-Nov-15 10:26:55

40 fish fingers would fees a lot of toddlers for a noisy music party. Drums..tambourine. A recorder. ....

Go and wake him up to look after the kids while you pop to the shops for some ingredients for his batch cooking.

AwfulBeryl Sun 08-Nov-15 10:30:33

Have you got any bongos ? I suggest a fish finger themed Oompa Loompa style song at the end of the bed until he gets up, to do the batch cooking obviously.

yoshipoppet Sun 08-Nov-15 10:30:30

I think you should also make him go shopping to refill the freezer. On his own, to a supermarket that plays horrible muzak very loudly and is normally full of screaming children.
He is going to have a very busy day smile

DoreenLethal Sun 08-Nov-15 10:31:10

He can batch cook once he is back from shopping to replace the items he ruined.

CheeseToastie123 Sun 08-Nov-15 10:31:14

I bloody love fish fingers. Can I help out?

200threads Sun 08-Nov-15 10:35:56

I would re-freeze.

JustAnotherYellowBelly Sun 08-Nov-15 10:36:27

He can take the DC shopping!
No need to make sure there are screaming kids there, he can take his own (along with his own bags)

This is, of course, after Haribo time...

ohtheholidays Sun 08-Nov-15 10:52:18

I hate fish fingers wouldn't eat them as a child neither so I think it's a bloody great punishment but like other's have said let him cook it all and he can do all the cleaning up afterwards and he can go shopping to replace all that he's ruined and for an extra treat for him why not let him take the children with him to do the shopping, evilgrin

iwannadancewithsomebody Sun 08-Nov-15 11:35:29

DC love fish fingers so they are having fish finger sandwiches for lunch. I'm not too fussed on them, I'm having sausage sarnies.

The noise levels in the house have increasedgrin

WorraLiberty Sun 08-Nov-15 11:39:23

I can't count the amount of times over the last 20yrs, that someone (usually the kids) has left the freezer door partially open.

I've always just re-frozen and none of us have come to any harm.

WiIdfire Sun 08-Nov-15 23:43:52

So what did he say when he woke up?

AbbyCadabra Sun 08-Nov-15 23:49:25

I agree with Worra, I've refrozen things, and wouldn't hesitate to refreeze fish fingers. No one has ever suffered from it. (I'm talking partially defrosted though, not soggy or actually warm.)

God, I've love a fish finger sandwich.

iwannadancewithsomebody Mon 09-Nov-15 22:11:58

He said he thought I was defrosting the freezer! Then made some excuses. I'm adamant it was him and not DC as kitchen was closed up for the night when I went to bed about 12 and DC are still too small to open fridge and freezer.

Plus he can't remember being in the night club or getting home or passing out on the living room floor or throwing up at 6am, so it's bound to have been him unless we have a ghost or one of you guys wanted my stash of fish fingers shock

whois Mon 09-Nov-15 22:52:02

He said he thought I was defrosting the freezer! Then made some excuses.

Plus he can't remember being in the night club or getting home or passing out on the living room floor or throwing up at 6am

Ha ha drunk people are just like huge unreasonable toddlers!

BarbaraofSeville Tue 10-Nov-15 07:45:07

So the freezer was open for about 7 hours tops?

I would have just shut the doors and let everything except the ice and lollies refreeze. Unless your house is boiling hot it really would all have been fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now