Talk

Advanced search

to ask for home remedies

(12 Posts)
Monkeybabiess111 Sun 08-Nov-15 08:23:35

I think I've got tonsillitis, I get it every year around this time.
I can see there inflamed, temperature of 38.7, headache and my full body is aching I'm struggling to turn over in bed and haven't slept.
Does anyone have any tricks that can help it clear off as dp is away for 2 nights as of tonight and I can't get up never mind try and keep a 4 year old and 8 month old baby happy.

blueistheonlycolourwefeel Sun 08-Nov-15 08:25:00

Take paracetamol and ibuprofen? Gargle with salt water or cor soul mouthwash.

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Sun 08-Nov-15 08:30:31

As long as you aren't allergic or asthmatic,

Dissolve an aspirin in some warm water an gargle it.

It puts all the pain killer stuff right where it is needed.

Supposed to be very good, but it tastes foul, so I can never do it.

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Sun 08-Nov-15 08:30:48

And, not an.

CrohnicallyAspie Sun 08-Nov-15 08:31:52

If you can get some soluble aspirin you can gargle with that (but DON'T swallow if you're taking ibuprofen!)

Steam inhalation is supposed to help your throat too

Monkeybabiess111 Sun 08-Nov-15 08:33:56

Thanks I've taken painkillers and ibuprofen, forgot about the salt water trick will try that.
I'm breastfeeding so no aspirin but good to know for next year as its a yearly occurrence for me.

Toomuch2young Sun 08-Nov-15 08:36:00

Gargle TCP and drink Manuka honey and lemon.
Horrid illness.

HeyMacWey Sun 08-Nov-15 08:42:13

Gargle with a mix of equal parts hydrogen peroxide (get it from the chemist) and warm water.

TheHouseOnTheLane Sun 08-Nov-15 10:29:12

A spoonful of raw, crushed garlic. Yes it smells, yes it's nasty but by gosh does it work!

I was told this tip by a friend of mine when my tonsils were so nasty I gagged looking at them and it was AGONY.

You crush up a clove (one segment) or two....and swallow it like medicine...don't chew it!

Make sure you've eaten first.

StellaAlpina Sun 08-Nov-15 10:38:59

Make yourself a tisane with some crushed garlic, lemon and lots of honey (antibiotic plus hides the garlic)

Tbh though, when I've had tonsillitis it's always needed antibiotics.

Feel better soon

Monkeybabiess111 Sun 08-Nov-15 10:52:24

I am scared to ask what happens if I don't eat before the garlic thing.

I've done the salt wash I'm really stuck in bed I feel like I've been run over numerous times, I to normally need antibiotics but I can't get to the out of hours I can't move much and it's only started last night they normally like to wait a few days before saying its bacterial, I have a routine appointment on Wednesday maybe I can get rid of it (wishful thinking).
I've told Dp he's going on a shopping spree for everything everyone's suggested, I'm hoping he will go soon.
Thankyou everyone.

TheHouseOnTheLane Sun 08-Nov-15 13:08:30

Well it's just because garlic is strong....it might give you stomach ache with no food.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now