Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Just posting here for traffic sorry... Empty sac at 9 weeks

(15 Posts)
Moxiechick Sat 07-Nov-15 21:32:00

I'm supposedly 9 weeks pregnant and had some light pink bleeding today so went to the epu and they sent me for a scan.
The scan showed an empty sac with no baby. The doctor said that either meant I was earlier than I thought or that I was having a miscarriage.
This baby was the result of a one night stand but very much wanted by myself. I keep playing in my head the moment the baby's father told me he wished the baby died.
I'm devestated and not one person feels the same way about my baby. I feel so alone.
The thing that's confusing me is how could I be early? I've only had sex once in a loooong time.
My last period began 31st aug and I had sex on 12th September.
Could I be earlier?
Or do I need to face facts that I've lost my baby. I have to wait 2 weeks for a scan. sad

spritefairy Sat 07-Nov-15 21:34:46

Maybe prepare yourself for bad news..so sorry flowers

soundsofsodor Sat 07-Nov-15 21:37:57

I was always told to hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

Given you are sure of your dates I would unfortunately assume the worst flowers Sorry you are going through this

meganlilly89 Sat 07-Nov-15 21:45:04

I had similar happen to me back in April. I was unsure on my dates so had an early scan at the hospital. I was either going to be 12weeks or 8 weeks. Me and Dh went to the scan and there was an empty sac.. Told I could be earlier I knew there was no chance, had to also wait two weeks for a re-scan. The day before this was due I started to spot and then the next day they confirmed the miscarriage was starting and my empty sac was collapsing..

It's horrible thing to go through and I have said since I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy..

thinking of you... thanksthanks

Moxiechick Sat 07-Nov-15 21:55:55

Thank you. Think I'm just clutching at straws hoping it's wrong. But I need to prepare myself.

Moxiechick Sat 07-Nov-15 21:57:42

Sorry to hear that Megan flowers

sparklepopsicles Sat 07-Nov-15 21:57:54

Don't have much to add but did not want to read and not reply. You have my deepest sympathy. So sorry you are going through this. Do you have family / friends who can support you through this? flowers

meganlilly89 Sat 07-Nov-15 22:07:52

Fingers crossed it could be your dates are out.. I tried inbetween scans to think positive but I deep down I just knew something wasn't right.

Support if you have it from friends/family will help a lot. It may not feel like it at the time but they helped me get through it.

OnlyAFoolsChance Sat 07-Nov-15 22:10:19

I have a very very similar story to meganlilly89 unfortunately. I had to be scanned weekly, from 6 weeks to 9 when it finally collapsed.

I would say, in the kindest way, to try prepare yourself. I say try, as theres no natural way (I think) a person can prepare mentally for this. You can just try your best. I pray that you are earlier and it is all going to be ok, but for your own mind, it is best to try prepare for the other outcome.

I'm sorry to read you are going through this and hope you have support to get you through xx

Pigeonpost Sat 07-Nov-15 22:10:48

Oh I'm so sorry. I've been there before (several times) and it is heartbreaking. The Miscarriage Association can be good for support and info. Also, and I do realise this won't mean much now, miscarriage is so so common and happens to so many women who go on to have successful pregnancies at a later date. Look after yourself. thanks

ShelaghTurner Sat 07-Nov-15 22:11:29

I'm so sorry. If you're sure of your dates then it doesn't sound good. I wish it were otherwise. I hope you've got people around to call on. Fingers crossed for good news but if not, be kind to yourself and take all the time you need to get through it flowers

meganlilly89 Sat 07-Nov-15 22:13:47

I 2nd what pigeonpost has just said, until I experienced it and talked about miscarriage I didn't realise how common it was. I also got great support from the miscarriage threads on this site.

needtothinkaboutseniorschools Sat 07-Nov-15 22:27:27

thanks know you're not alone.

Moxiechick Sun 08-Nov-15 20:13:53

Thank you everyone for Youre messages of support. It's such a shitty shitty thing to go through. Life is so unfair.
The doctor yesterday gave me a letter for my gp and I forgot to read it. When I looked today it said that if I'm sure of dates it doesn't look good sad
It also said the sac measured 13mm x 19mm. But I'm not sure what that means.

Brummiegirl15 Sun 08-Nov-15 20:23:27

I'm so so sorry but I think you go need to prepare yourself for the worst. Take a look st the miscarriage board and you'll find lots of advice and hand holding.

I've had 3 miscarriages and I couldn't have coped with the support of the ladies on the mc threads.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now