Talk

Advanced search

Shit, the cat bolted at the fireworks and hasn't come back

(12 Posts)

Admittedly not unusual for her to be out right now though hasn't come back since 5 which is a bit odd, but neighours have had fireworks going all night and now she's not coming back to the call of her name or shake of her food/treats

Bollocks

This was meant to be in chat hmm

WhimsicalTwattery Fri 06-Nov-15 21:19:01

Yanbu to be concerned, she's your pet abc you care about her.
She will be under a car. Not a fecking chance in hell she will come in unless it's quiet. Treat tonight's fireworks as a horrendous downpour and try not to panic.
My biggest, daftest, cat was out last night in the worst of it and merrily arrived home this morning as he was hungry.

ValiantMouse Fri 06-Nov-15 21:19:43

How scary. sad My girl got out last night and came back this morning. I hope yours does too. Odds are once it quietens down she's come home.

honeyroar Fri 06-Nov-15 21:24:02

She won't come back while it's still going on, cats aren't daft, they go to ground. I bet she'll be back later or tomorrow morning. My cats don't seem to be too bothered by them.

Looserella Fri 06-Nov-15 21:25:24

Mine was out 6pm last night until 9am this morning. Think he'd just got scared and hidden. He's had a sofa day today and a treat of M&S roast chicken for dinner to make him feel better.

TalkinPeas Fri 06-Nov-15 21:26:05

leave it till morning
and then open a tin of pilchards in tomato sauce - cat will reappear

Madeyemoodysmum Fri 06-Nov-15 21:27:07

Try not to worry my 7 month old boy legged it on Halloween as idiots opposite let off crackers near the house.
I was so worried but he came back4 hours later .
I'm sure your cat will too.
It was a horrid four hours though

EatDessertFirst Fri 06-Nov-15 21:34:36

Its a type of displacement behaviour. The mog wants to come in but cannot because of the noise/flashes so they go to ground until the situation allows them to act i.e. come home. You could call her and/or be standing right next to her but her instinct will prevent her from coming to you. Worry not! She'll be back before you know it.

<voice of bitter experience, glares at idiot GingerDessertCat who was two gardens down for two weeks>

Her majesty is back!

After shaking her treats for bloody ages, she appeared over the wall during a break in the fireworks looking a bit spooked and is now curled up after a few Dreamies and cuddles on her terms obviously hmm

Thanks all, much appreciated!!

Madeyemoodysmum Sat 07-Nov-15 18:42:59

Glad to hear that.

ahbollocks Sat 07-Nov-15 18:48:06

Aw poor girl. Glad she is home safe smile in future you can shine a torch under cars etc and you'll be able to see their eyes reflect back, if you need some re assurance another time

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now