Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To complain about this Younique Rep?

(20 Posts)
ScribblerOnTheRoof Fri 06-Nov-15 10:54:19

I was browsing on Facebook free or cheap sites and a post was made by a lady, who asked if anyone wanted to earn any extra money by advertising on Facebook.

I messaged her for some information and she told me it was Younique. I must admit, my response was very childish (see picture) but I think her response was awful.

How can she say I am all for sexually abusing women?! I am wondering if I should report her to Younique. After all, she is the one representing the company.

ScribblerOnTheRoof Fri 06-Nov-15 10:55:26

Sorry, forgot the most important part!

UterusUterusGhali Fri 06-Nov-15 10:58:54

I think any complainer would fall on deaf ears, as the lot of them seem to actually believe their own lies marketing.

But she was a dick. Urgh.

DamsonInDistress Fri 06-Nov-15 10:59:42

You behaved pathetically. Grow up and forget it, keep what little dignity you still have left after that ridiculous response.

PaulAnkaTheDog Fri 06-Nov-15 11:00:04

Her response was quite measured given your initial comment. I say that as someone who hates younique. Also your penetrating yourself with a hedgehog comment possibly made you lose any moral high ground. Obviously not serious but due to your extreme reaction to the posts I would have thought any comment like that would be a no-no.

trulybadlydeeply Fri 06-Nov-15 11:07:24

Six of one and half a dozen of the other here.

You didn't have to say that to her, it was extremely childless, and of course what she said back was wrong and unprofessional.

I know nothing about the company or the products, but a quick search shows that they have a foundation to support survivors of sexual abuse. So, it appears, a percentage, however small will go towards this work. many companies obviously have foundations and charitable and grant making arms, but aren't as up front about it as this.

You've both been silly. Move on.

SnozBuriedUnderThePatio Fri 06-Nov-15 11:08:59

You've started a facebook argument with a stranger take a step back and end it there. Contacting younique will only keep you wound up what will they do? They probably teach the minions to do whatever it takes to recruit more minions.

Pinkhousealreadyinuse Fri 06-Nov-15 11:11:44

She's obviously talking shite about you advocating sexual abuse but she's also talking shite about every sale going towards helping sexually abused women. As far as I can see, they have a plan to help but haven't actually done anything yet. Also, on their website, they state that this shouldn't be used to promote younique products...but it is being used clearly

hibbleddible Fri 06-Nov-15 11:16:13

Wow yabu, what a rude message to send to her.

If you don't want to get involved just say no thank you.

BugritAndTidyup Fri 06-Nov-15 11:16:43

I sympathise with your response (I loathe MLM schemes), but I think the wording was a bit off. Not the hedgehog bit though.

Your issue should be with the MLM systed system and the fact that they are possibly taking advantage of vulnerable women. The way it's worded suggests that your issue is with their claim that they support vulnerable women - plenty of companies have similar schemes and that is a good thing as long at the company is reputable.

So I would reword as 'blah blah hedgehog penetration blah --that claims to help abused women in order to promote their exploitative scammy scheme.'

Something like that anyway.

tbtc20 Fri 06-Nov-15 11:31:15

I've done a very little bit of googling, but feel quite ignorant about what this thread is talking about.

You talk as if it's a common understanding that this is some kind of scam.

On the face of it, how do people actually know it's a scam? How did you find out?

stopfuckingshoutingatme Fri 06-Nov-15 11:31:17

I think you were somewhat rude actually

I think you can always make a fair and reasoned comment without referring to mutilate your vagina!! YUK

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Fri 06-Nov-15 11:35:58

Will somebody please think of the hedgehog.

Seriously no, the adverts are bad enough - they are definitely using sexual abuse to sell products. Any company who stands by those adverts would be unlikely to care about the response you received.

Instead of your hedgehog comment, an appropriate response would have been "OK, I'm not interested, thank you."

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Fri 06-Nov-15 11:41:38

tbtc20 I think it's just that like Forever Living, Avon, NuYu etc. etc. the only people who actually get rich (or even earn any money) are the recruiters at the top.

People are sold the chance to sell the products by promises of great earnings, excellent rewards etc. that just won't happen unless you can also recruit another tier of sellers beneath you.

In actual fact, lots of people are putting lots of hours of work in trying to sell the stuff for very little or no pay. But that's OK because you are a "Self Employed Small Business Owner" not an employee, so it's not illegal for you not to get paid.

BugritAndTidyup Fri 06-Nov-15 11:42:39

Your issue should be with the MLM systed system

A 'systed system' of course being a system that is especially systematic. Ahem.

tbtc, look into pyramid schemes or MLM marketing. Any company that makes its money from its recruits recruiting more people rather than selling products is inherantly scammy.

Actually, I might have been a bit unfair. Younique is MLM, isn't it? Am I wrong about that?

BugritAndTidyup Fri 06-Nov-15 11:46:00

Hmm, might be a bit unfair to include Avon in that, Santa? I thought they really are about selling the product and their sellers had their own specific area and they predate the Internet, so a way to sell products without shops. I could well be wrong though, but I do think it could be a bit misleading to use them as an example since they're a bit less scammy than nearly all the rest and undermine your argument a wee bit.

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Fri 06-Nov-15 11:49:56

Not at all Bugrit - it's actually my own experience of selling with Avon that I was describing! Hours & hours of work for no profit. The Team Leaders (I apologise if that's not the correct term), who have recruited other sellers beneath them are the ones making the money.

Bubbletree4 Fri 06-Nov-15 11:55:43

When you found out it was Younique, you shouldn't have replied any further.

I can't believe that you wrote about penetrating your vagina with a hedgehog shock

DepecheNO Fri 06-Nov-15 11:58:32

Ignoring the argument between you and the seller, those adverts turn my stomach. It's not an incidental "5% of profits go to X charity"; it's expressly linking the company and cause to manipulate people into buying or getting involved. At the very least, the advert should contain a specific claim as to how the company helps victims of sexual abuse. I would certainly want to know before letting the ad influence my decision, even if its production value was significantly greater than this.

BugritAndTidyup Fri 06-Nov-15 12:05:07

Oh lord, I stand corrected then, Santa. that's awful and I'm sorry. I suppose if anything the fact that it's more established makes it more dangerous in a way. I would never touch most of the MLMs with a shitty barge pole, but I might have considered Avon.

I've always wondered about Slimming World as well. They really push for members to put themselves forward to become consultants. When I was a member some years back it was constant. Maybe they're always trying to expand but I do wonder how many people pay for the training but never become consultants.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now