Talk

Advanced search

he owes me big time

(37 Posts)
bikingintherain Fri 06-Nov-15 10:51:21

Just went into the cupboard to discover that DH ate the last Double Decker.

I don't want to be accused of drip feeding so let me give you some context.....

IT WAS MINE!

He ate three out of the four. We live overseas, this is not easily fixed.

smoothieooo Fri 06-Nov-15 10:52:16

LTB....

... and find a MUCH better hiding place next time grin

bikingintherain Fri 06-Nov-15 11:00:57

It's a good job it wasn't a boost. There would be no question in my mind.

Apparently being sorry and him not knowing it was important to me should be enough.

I pointed out that this does not bring it back.

hellsbellsmelons Fri 06-Nov-15 11:01:50

OMG - LTB
Come back to UK and have as many as you bloomin' well please, when ever you want!

Gatekeeper Fri 06-Nov-15 11:02:20

the filthy rotten swine!!

loveulotslikejellytots Fri 06-Nov-15 11:04:37

There would be murders here. I'm 32 weeks pregnant and DH scoffed theist of my revels the other night. He replaced them sharpish though.

What are you going to do o get your revenge? grin

loveulotslikejellytots Fri 06-Nov-15 11:05:04

Theist - the rest!

bastardcat Fri 06-Nov-15 11:09:39

I'm afraid you have no choice but to kill him to death. It was obviously his choice for his last meal.

zombiemeow Fri 06-Nov-15 11:12:14

YADNBU.

LTB

Kill him with fire. It's harsh, but it is the only way he will learn.

MrsMolesworth Fri 06-Nov-15 11:15:34

Double Deckers are the trash-snack of the Gods. He has upset the natural order.

MissingPanda Fri 06-Nov-15 11:17:33

So he's had three and you've had one so for equality you need another two. You say it's hard to get hold of them where you live so I think you should tell him he needs to buy two double deckers for you. How he does that is his problem but he has to do it so the next time he thinks about eating your double decker the memory of how difficult it was to get hold of them will make him think twice.

Either that of LTB wink

MissingPanda Fri 06-Nov-15 11:17:55

or not of hmm

CuntryLiving Fri 06-Nov-15 11:19:19

Bastard! I'm on day 5 of my diet, or I was before I read this. I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed a double decker now! I blame OP's dh for my fat arse.

FundraisingPTABitch Fri 06-Nov-15 11:19:30

whats a double decker? Where can I get one?

Drew64 Fri 06-Nov-15 11:20:59

You snooze you lose!
You should have eaten it (unless he ate all three in one sitting)
;)

munkisocks Fri 06-Nov-15 11:21:05

YANBU!

Then again was I UR to eat my DH skittles when I TOLD him to take them to work with him or I'd end up eating them. He knows I can't stop eating whilst on maternity ha!

StrictlyMumDancing Fri 06-Nov-15 11:21:09

I was going to say what SDTG said grin

DH knows that my chocolate stash is sacred and that if he pulls that on me I'll feed his stuff to the kids then leave them with him to deal with the sugar rush

howabout Fri 06-Nov-15 11:26:57

YANBU

He needs to move mountains to fix this

bikingintherain Fri 06-Nov-15 11:28:02

I was just sat eating with family and gazing into the middle distance. DH wanted to know what I was thinking about and my genuine answer was the episode from friends where someone eats Ross' sandwich.

......my sandwich.... MY SANDWICH !

VocationalGoat Fri 06-Nov-15 11:48:07

fundraising oh please don't tell me you haven't lived life on full throttle and eaten a Double Decker! Thou shalt make this long overdue discovery happen. Get your PTABitch skates on and raid your corner shop, pronto.
I forgive you because I assume, like me, you're not originally from here.
I had my first Double Decker 14 years ago, 3 months into pregnancy after egg and chips in the greasy spoon on Basil Street, where H&M now stands in Knightsbridge. I haven't looked back since... come to think of it, I haven't even been back to Basil Street in years.
Anyway OP, I think you'll be questioning the state of your marriage after this. It's a deal breaker. grin

bikingintherain Fri 06-Nov-15 11:54:06

Oh and fundraiding I particularly enjoy them with a cappuccino. Dip the double decker into the froth and slightly the hot coffee so it just very slightly melts. Repeat.
Sorry cuntryliving that's probably not helpful.

FundraisingPTABitch Fri 06-Nov-15 11:55:48

@vocationalgoat

will get my ass to the closest corner store.

I thought I was a seasoned UK resident by now, been here 10 years...and still I learn something new everyday.

Chillyegg Fri 06-Nov-15 12:00:36

I'm sprry dpuboe deckers are foul he's done you a favour .. however if it was a twix my eyes would shoot red later beams!

Seeyounearertime Fri 06-Nov-15 12:01:37

Speaking as a man, so all you ladies better listen, maybe he was saving you from the calories because he's nice and thoughtful.

dons flame shield nd runs like someone who's nicked a Double Decker
grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now