Talk

Advanced search

to have drunk nearly a whole bottle of wine tonight?

(12 Posts)
CardiffUniversityNetballTeam Thu 05-Nov-15 22:04:23

I got a new job today!! Chuffed to bits and so excited.
I've spent most of the evening on the phone to friends and family talking about it. The last year has been a tough one for me, so it feels tonight, like my life is taking a turn for the better.
I went to the fridge a minute ago to top up my wine glass. It appears I've drunk nearly a whole bottle of wine this evening. blush
Sitting here now, I definitely wouldn't want to drive or operate heavy machinery. I also feel like a bit of a lush, sat indoors, by myself. (DS is in bed.)
This is okay, as a one off, unprecedented celebration, right? Hic

ReluctantCamper Thu 05-Nov-15 22:07:09

Crikey, of course it's OK. Congratulations on your new job! have a big glass of water now

HarryDresdensLeatherDuster Thu 05-Nov-15 22:07:22

Congratulations on the job! Don't worry about the wine, just make sure you drink a shedload of water before you go to bed or you will REALLY regret it in the morning...

ephemeralfairy Thu 05-Nov-15 22:09:08

Don't worry about it OP, just don't make a habit of it! You will probably feel it in the morning though....
Massive congrats on your new job!

twirlypoo Thu 05-Nov-15 22:10:18

Congratulations! Water before bed and don't do it every night, but other than that, it's totally fine!

CardiffUniversityNetballTeam Thu 05-Nov-15 22:13:18

Thanks all!! I'm made up about the job. It's a brilliant opportunity. And a significant pay rise, which will make a great difference to mine and DS quality of life.
A pint of water and two ibuprofen will see me right to hand in my notice tomorrow, yes?

ReluctantCamper Thu 05-Nov-15 22:13:33

Sometimes it's really obvious that most people on this site are mums grin

bedraggledmumoftwo Thu 05-Nov-15 22:15:23

Congrats!

tacky Thu 05-Nov-15 22:21:58

yes! Well done that is great news! Wouldn't mind a glass of red myself (though I have no excuse)!

Hobbes8 Thu 05-Nov-15 22:24:18

As long as your new job doesn't start in the morning than you're fine .
Congratulations! I've drunk most of a bottle tonight just coz of fireworks and that....so I'm in no place to judge.

TheMightyMing Thu 05-Nov-15 22:24:24

Fab news Cardiff, yes please drink away but do take painkillers plus water before bed. I love wine but have to stick to beer these days due to the killer hangover factor!

Really pleased for you and your DS- good times ahead smile

Beebar Thu 05-Nov-15 22:27:41

Paracetamol is preferable to ibuprofen. Make sure you have a banana ?? first thing in the morning

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now