Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to want Clarks school shoes to go up to a 7.5 in more styles??

(18 Posts)
CocktailQueen Thu 05-Nov-15 12:50:46

DD is only 12 and has size 7.5 feet. Clarks have 2 unsuitable styles - one ballet pump, and one horrible clumpy brogue.

Where do you all shop for school shoes for pre-teen/teen girls with larger feet?

thanks!

MrsRogerSterling Thu 05-Nov-15 12:54:34

Dd got a pair of Angry Angels shoes for school this year, they go upto a size 41 and seem very well made.

MrsRogerSterling Thu 05-Nov-15 12:56:48

here

Minisoksmakehardwork Thu 05-Nov-15 13:03:34

I have the same problem but with a much smaller child. My 3yo is a 9.5, most of the shoes are black. The pretty colours do not come in 'school aged feet' sizes. Yanbu.

summerainbow Thu 05-Nov-15 13:07:23

I have been 7.5 most of life they never never have that is size in much. I now where boots size 8 most of year .

M4blues Thu 05-Nov-15 13:42:03

Mini,
these any good?

Startrite tend to have a few colourful styles up to about size 12.

CocktailQueen Thu 05-Nov-15 13:54:24

Thanks - startrite was my next stop. Argh, the prices they charge! Will have a look.

LemonBreeland Thu 05-Nov-15 13:57:20

Don't most DC wear more fashion style shoes at 12? Surely if you didn't look for school shoes and just shopped for women's shoes you would find more choice.

OldGreyCat Thu 05-Nov-15 13:57:52

sympathies.
ds, 10, is size 7.5. pah.

mummymeister Thu 05-Nov-15 14:02:24

dd is a size 8.5 with incredibly narrow feet and they are still growing. really hard to find things for her that can be worn to school. spoke to clarks about it. they said that there is more and more call for bigger sizes.

CocktailQueen Thu 05-Nov-15 16:39:32

Lemon - DD has very narrow feet with high arches - too narrow for adult shoes. She can't wear slip- on shoes, and many lace-up ones are uncomfortable due to her high arches. Buying shoes for her is a nightmare!!! Sandals - even worse. All far too wide, and her little toe is very petite so rubs on all the straps. Oh lord.

CocktailQueen Thu 05-Nov-15 16:40:01

Meister - 8.5?! Bless.

EmmaWoodlouse Thu 05-Nov-15 17:03:09

Why stop at 7.5? I know a girl who took size 8 in year 4, and I was at sixth-form college with a girl who took size 8.5 - if we'd been at a school with a sixth form she'd have needed school-type shoes. I've taken size 7 since I was about 12 and also had narrow feet, a mary jane style would have been more suitable for me than the ballet pumps a lot of girls seem to wear now. When my feet first stopped growing I had some dreadful granny type shoes but then luckily moccasins came into fashion and I usually had those (the lace-up ones, not slippers!)

I am wondering if you might find something suitable in TKMaxx - my local branch had some black Kickers in a 7 recently and lots of loafers and various kinds of MJs.

mummymeister Thu 05-Nov-15 18:22:15

CocktailQueen my mother in law is a size 12 so don't think DD's feet have stopped growing yet.

she does have the compensation of being 5ft 10 with incredibly long legs and a size 8 in clothes. I would swop my pudgy size 5 pork sausage toes for that any day of the week.

Sallyhasleftthebuilding Thu 05-Nov-15 18:26:20

Converse are narrow, all black are suitable for school.

CocktailQueen Thu 05-Nov-15 19:05:22

Thanks - she does have converse but they're not allowed at her school. But they do fit her well, you're right.

Meister - size 12?! <faints>

Loveleopardprint Thu 05-Nov-15 19:11:07

My 13 yr old DD has size 8 and a half to nine size feet. I actually wrote to Clarks to complain. They don't do half sizes over an eight and the staff were either disinterested or rudely horrified at the size of her feet. She is already very sensitive about them fgs!
Clarks replied that there is not a demand for half sizes and more selection of styles in bigger sizes. I can't believe this is true as children seem to have much bigger feet now.

Kat3L Thu 05-Nov-15 19:21:31

I agree with the bizarre comments from high street shoe shops who always say, sorry we've not got any size 9s left (my year 7 11year old 's size). Surely that means there's demand if they run out!! We've had to get adult shoes for a while and it's such a joyless task. However, we hit lucky with Brantano in Sept this year as they have ladies shoes up to size ten and we ended up with a Clarks shoe at a discounted price. Not great though if you need half sizes or narrow styles etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now