Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Facebook 'PM me for details'

(6 Posts)
LittleRedSparke Thu 05-Nov-15 11:43:05

From a Younique seller, with the photos and 'pm me for detail' - when questioned she said

"Company rules, not allowed to unfortunately...I can screen shot the bit where is says that if you like? Otherwise they can shut my page down"

~I see this a lot - the old PM me for details, but really? it just puts my back up to be honest, but what kind of company wont let you advertise the name of the company in an advert

what a load of old shit

WorraLiberty Thu 05-Nov-15 11:45:03

It's probably FB rules that she's trying to get around.

Business pages are supposed to be paid for.

icanteven Thu 05-Nov-15 11:47:30

Nothing to do with Facebook rules. You don't have to pay for a company page on FB, only to promote your page.

The rule comes from Younique themselves:

"6.4.4.6 - Social Networking Sites (Facebook / MySpace / LinkedIn)
You may use social networking sites (Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn, blogs, forums, and other social
shared interest sites) to share information about the Younique business opportunity and for prospecting
and sponsoring; however, these sites may not be used to sell or offer to sell specific Younique products
where the transaction takes place on that platform, and your use of these sites must comply with the
following guidelines:
1. You are not allowed to use or register Younique or any of Younique’s trademarks, product names, or
any derivatives (i.e., Younique, Younique Products, YouniqueProducts, etc.) for any Internet domain
name, email address, or online aliases. The name of your account must not just state the term
"Younique" or use any other trademarked terms of Younique, LLC. This includes product names,
incentive trip names, leadership retreats, or any other corporate events hosted by Younique,
promotional campaign, or any other programs. If the term "Younique" is used, it must state in full
"Independent Younique Presenter.""

www.thelashdivas.com/uploads/2/9/7/3/2973528/younique_presenter_agreement_-_policies.pdf

LittleRedSparke Thu 05-Nov-15 12:32:59

that looks like gobbledygook to me, however, this doesnt seem to say "you cannot state the name of the product except by PM"

You are not allowed to use or register Younique blah blah) for any Internet domain name, email address, or online aliases

The name of your account must not just state the term
"Younique" or use any other trademarked terms of Younique, LLC. This includes product names,

incentive trip names, leadership retreats, or any other corporate events hosted by Younique,
promotional campaign, or any other programs.

LittleRedSparke Thu 05-Nov-15 12:42:22

this is for the US ones too

b) Reside in the United States, or U.S. Territories;

LittleRedSparke Thu 05-Nov-15 12:43:50

6.2.1 - Independent Younique Presenter Logo / Identity
Younique grants its Presenters a limited license to use the Independent Younique Presenter logo. This
license allows you to use the Independent Younique Presenter logo in communications, including on
approved websites, and on items you make for yourself or your team to conduct your Younique
business.

all it seems to say is that you cannot use Younique in your 'name'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now