Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To be amazed that people I thought were decent are followers of David Icke

(7 Posts)
ciele Thu 05-Nov-15 00:07:48

i am gob smacked that 3 quite close friends follow this loon! AIBU to think they are just interested in his opinions.???

Flossyfloof Thu 05-Nov-15 00:11:14

What else do you think they might be interested in?

MuttonCadet Thu 05-Nov-15 00:16:02

Follow as in on twitter? They are probably laughing at his lunacy.

Follow as in disciples? Drop them, they'll thick your a lizard person.

ciele Thu 05-Nov-15 00:43:06

You have nailed it...I was starting to think I was friends with loons...too late for thinking sensibly!

KatharineClifton Thu 05-Nov-15 00:44:52

I follow him on Twitter and FB - highly amusing grin

CaoNiMao Thu 05-Nov-15 06:44:47

He was right about Jimmy Savile and the paedophiles in the upper echelons of the BBC and government.

His main mistake was claiming to be the son of God. It gave skeptics ammunition to discount everything else he says.

I did some further research, unwilling to simply go with the flow of public opinion. It turns out that his 'shapeshifting lizards' statement has also been misconstrued. He is referring to the sort of person (most people in leadership positions) whose brains are more developed in the primitive area that used to be more prevalent when humans were less developed - the parts that push us to take risks.

So, although he doesn't exactly cover himself in glory in terms of public face, it's worth taking a look at some of his views and beliefs before immediately discounting him.

VocationalGoat Thu 05-Nov-15 06:56:11

cao that's interesting about his theory on people in leadership and makes sense when you put it that way. No foresight, lack of empathy, just acting on impulse (those are dominant qualities in our politicians).

All that being said, I have a couple of David Icke followers as friends and in some ways, they have lost a bit of credibility to me. Still, my curiosity is piqued and of course I'm going to check out David Icke's site. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now