Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to think that next year's Olympic games must be stopped.

(34 Posts)
shouldwestayorshouldwego Wed 04-Nov-15 13:16:48

It is just not possible that it is nearly 4 years since London 2012. Someone must tell them that they've made a mistake.

I'm getting old aren't I!

GlitteryRollerGirl Wed 04-Nov-15 13:26:13

I can't believe its been nearly four years since London 2012. As I've got older I've started to feel like there's less time between Olympics games and each World Cup. It is scary.

HappyIdiot Wed 04-Nov-15 13:27:17

YANBU at all. I was talking to DH about this the other day. I was incredibly lucky in the ballot and saw quite a lot of events, it was fantastic and it feels like it was yesterday!

QuizteamBleakley Wed 04-Nov-15 13:27:28

What? But I went to the London 'lympics and it was just a few weeks ago. Oh, no... wait...
BLOODY HELL!

NotCitrus Wed 04-Nov-15 13:46:16

Definitely. I had a tiny baby in a sling at the London Olympics and... [huge preschooler galumphs over] Ah.

NahItsOkTa Wed 04-Nov-15 13:50:05

Well no that can't be right you see, because we moved to this house on the last day of the Olympics and I've not unpacked all the kitchen stuff yet.

megletthesecond Wed 04-Nov-15 13:52:49

I still haven't put together my 2012 scrapbook with all our ticket stubs and mementoes. Fuck.

DawnOfTheDoggers Wed 04-Nov-15 13:54:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Milkand2sugarsplease Wed 04-Nov-15 13:58:17

When we booked tickets for 2012 I was waiting for IVF treatment and I remember saying to my DB that I'd love to go but if it turns out I'm having treatment at the time I'll just stay home. As it was I was nearly 5m pregnant when we went to watch. Happy memories but can't believe it's so long ago now!!!

megletthesecond Wed 04-Nov-15 13:58:23

Friday 5th august is when it kicks off. Time difference isn't too bad between here and Brazil so we should be able to stay up for a lot of it.

trulybadlydeeply Wed 04-Nov-15 14:03:34

Well, it seems they've moved Christmas forward this year, so it doesn't surprise me that they've messed with the Olympics as well.

Bakeoffcake Wed 04-Nov-15 14:04:44

I remember sitting for hours on the ticket website, trying to get tickets. it's a good job I work for myself

I got them in the end and was able to go with my DDs, and it was one of the most memorable days ever. Although you're correct OP, it was only about a year ago.

InternalMonologue Wed 04-Nov-15 14:21:36

What?!? We just had the Olympics, they can't be on again already! At the opening ceremony I was waiting on my 12 week scan and... Oh. <almost 3 year old watching telly>

shouldwestayorshouldwego Wed 04-Nov-15 16:52:06

Yes Christmas too, the world has gone mad. Let me clarify that I enjoy the Olympics as much as the next person but they really should have told us that they were planning to do it every other year.

Someone will be along in a minute to tell us that it's another leap year again soon grin.

LindyHemming Wed 04-Nov-15 18:42:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Andrewofgg Wed 04-Nov-15 19:00:29

People, listen.

You are not getting older.

It's just longer since you were born.

HookedOnHooking Wed 04-Nov-15 19:11:23

And did we ever work out how they get the horses there?

Andrewofgg Wed 04-Nov-15 19:26:34

They will swim, won't they?

YokoUhOh Wed 04-Nov-15 19:30:05

I always think, as we get older, a year is a proportionately smaller slice of our life. So when you're 5, it seems like YEARS until you're six, whereas when you're 35, you're only a 35th of your life away from your next birthday.

<hits post sheepishly>

Livvylongpants Wed 04-Nov-15 19:33:24

What! that isn't possible, I recall watching the olympics with my 9 month old only child....

Ah.. my 4 year old is screaming in my ear along with my 2 year old.... and my 10 month old

Livvylongpants Wed 04-Nov-15 19:34:51

i remember sat watching the closing ceremony with DP and saying 'can you believe it the next olympics this tiny baby will be 4'

shes 4 cries

AnyoneButAndre Wed 04-Nov-15 19:41:20

We watched Pistorius winning his gold medal, just the other day surely, and now he's killed his fiancé, been tried, convicted, served a year for whatever bullshit charge he was convicted of and been more or less released.

Apologies for bringing down such a chirpy thread, but it's my dominant memory of London 2012.

Girlfriend36 Wed 04-Nov-15 19:48:26

Hang on a minute that can't be right <scratches head>

Bloody hell shock

Plomino Wed 04-Nov-15 19:54:47

I'm just hoping Rio is ready for it ! Because if they're not, it comes back here .

Rosa Wed 04-Nov-15 19:56:00

I am still using my Olympics mug and dd has the t shirt ...or maybe it has been passed on to her sister....hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now