Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Morrisons

(13 Posts)
sashh Tue 03-Nov-15 17:11:12

OK so I have been using online deliveries and mostly it has been OK until now.

I did post something on legal, but this is more by way of information for others,

If you order from Morrison's they do not take payment then, they wait until after delivery.

If you have paid on a card and for some reason it fails, then they will try again, and again and again, for three months. They do not contact you. Their terms and conditions say they will but in reality if you log in again you may get a message saying there has been a failed payment.

If the payment continues to fail, after three months they pass the debt to a debt collector.

AIBU that most people would not object to an email or phone call saying, "sorry your payment failed, do you have an alternative method of payment?"

Apparently Morrison's think this would upset their customers. I think the debt collector would be more upsetting.

BolshierAryaStark Tue 03-Nov-15 17:15:33

Yeah, I'd be more fucked off with a debt collector-an email is surely simpler

Sighing Tue 03-Nov-15 18:23:22

Considering the possibility with an online transaction that the customer hasn't updated a change of card (say damaged) or just entered the number wrong it seems massively lazy. They haven't genuinely attempted to collect payment themselves.

celtictoast Tue 03-Nov-15 18:54:06

YANBU. Other supermarkets will make a polite phone call on the day the payment fails, which is much better customer service. I was thinking of trying Morrisons home delivery as I like their stores but that's really offputting.

NotMeNotYouNotAnyone Tue 03-Nov-15 19:02:45

Jeez, I had a failed payment for a Tesco delivery once, they phoned me and I apologised (I thought they'd taken it but it was someone else taking something else) and after a quick transfer between accounts while he was on the phone, I paid and they delivered. Job done.

It wasn't that I couldn't pay, or wouldn't pay, just a mix up. Surely it hsppens to lots of people at some point?

And tesco did what surely is the quickest and easiest and cheapest thing for them (and me) which was phone and talk to me. I don't understand why Morrisons won't do the same?!

Thanks for the warning!

DownstairsMixUp Tue 03-Nov-15 19:05:02

Why not just e-mail or phone? You are right OP that is massively off putting. I changed banks about three years ago and had a shop with ocado, it didn't go through as they actually take payment sometimes a few days after shopping but they phoned and i just gave them a new card. Surely they must know things like that happen?

PurpleCrazyHorse Tue 03-Nov-15 19:23:47

Seems lazy too. I use them for online shopping and will be sure to check my statements. I was using Paypal on their website, so might switch back to that.

poocatcherchampion Tue 03-Nov-15 19:27:56

That basically happened to me although you cant reorder if you have a failed payment so you eventually try their website not the app and then find out.
I love them so am not holding it against them!

sashh Wed 04-Nov-15 06:43:29

That basically happened to me although you cant reorder if you have a failed payment

That's what's supposed to happen, but not in my case.

bruffin Wed 04-Nov-15 07:38:25

Ocado (who have the contract for morrisons) do send an email saying that the payment didnt go through. This is has happened to me when i have a new debit card.

glenthebattleostrich Wed 04-Nov-15 07:41:05

But they let you pay by PayPal to, which I prefer.

MerciaAnnie Thu 19-Oct-17 19:27:43

I've had no end of problems with Morrisons when my credit card expired and I had a new one. Morrisons wouldn't recognise my new card. Morrisons and John Lewis Partnership cards both said it was the others fault. It took me months to sort it out and Morrisons were very unhelpful - I was even told at one time that it was because I had paid for the year's delivery and I had used more than the £60 in deliveries!! I could have a flippin delivery every day if it was over £40!

I finally got to the bottom of it - Morrisons call for a transaction on the credit card when you place the order to ensure that you are a ligit customer I guess- but for ZERO pounds. They charge the amount of the order once it is delivered. John Lewis partnership card computers identify this transaction as an attempt to gain information about the card holder's account and therefore block it. Can quite understand that as it would seem pretty suspicious. Having finally sorted the problem with my card a year ago ( absolutely no response from Morrisons despite emails calls and a letter to the customer services at Head Office) I now have the same blessed situation now I have a new card. If Morrisons can't get their systems right I'm going to stick with Tescos - no problems with them at all.

Madbum Thu 19-Oct-17 19:32:36

❌❌❌ZOMBIE THREAD❌❌❌
ITS MORE THAN DEAD TIS A ZOMBIE THREAD!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now