Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to use my exercise trampoline?

(19 Posts)
strugglingwithstepson Tue 03-Nov-15 11:32:57

I live in a first floor flat, nobody above me and one person below me. I recently bought a pro fitness exercise trampoline as I have to lose 4 stone for health reasons. I use it for 2 minutes at a time maybe 5 times a day between 9am and 8pm. My downstairs neighbour has complained about the noise! It is brand new doesn't squeak but does make bouncy noises. I'm using it to gently bounce up and down maybe 6 inches into the air. I'm using it in my lounge which is above his lounge.

Who is being unreasonable?

MaidOfStars Tue 03-Nov-15 11:34:15

8pm is, for me, too late for that shit.

Can you stop before 6pm?

strugglingwithstepson Tue 03-Nov-15 11:44:56

Not really because I work during the day. I said 9 til 8 to show I don't use it too early or too late.

Hatethis22 Tue 03-Nov-15 11:46:49

I think they need to get over it if you're using it for 2 minutes. Do you stand it on a rug?

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Tue 03-Nov-15 11:48:07

You are. Those things bounce like crazy. Sorry, they are just not appropriate for a flat. Also, 2 minutes at a time isn't very effective cardio.

AnchorDownDeepBreath Tue 03-Nov-15 11:48:38

It sounds horrendous from downstairs. You can't have trampolines in flats, unless you're on the ground floor.

HeyMacWey Tue 03-Nov-15 11:50:36

How about using a different room?

helenahandbag Tue 03-Nov-15 11:52:09

I don't exercise at all in my flat out of respect for my neighbours, never mind jump on a bloody trampoline! Of course that's not appropriate in a flat.

strugglingwithstepson Tue 03-Nov-15 11:52:12

I don't hear any noise from downstairs or the flats both sides, they Srebrenica purpose built and well sound proofed so I am surprised he can hear it.

KoalaDownUnder Tue 03-Nov-15 11:53:18

YABU!

Bouncing for exercise is a really bad choice when you live above people.

strugglingwithstepson Tue 03-Nov-15 11:53:30

Srebrenica?? I put 'are'!

MaidOfStars Tue 03-Nov-15 11:55:41

Someone making noise on your ceiling is very different to someone making noise from the floor below.

By all means, be surprised he can hear it, but that fact that he's complained means it's annoying him.

8pm is too late for someone to be bouncing on your ceiling.

Are you not home before 8pm?

Hatethis22 Tue 03-Nov-15 11:56:20

The noise is usually from the springs. It is loud, but loud for 2 minutes is more bearable because you know the noise will end soon. To be a good neighbour I'd ask him if it's a particular time that's bothering him. If he works shifts or has a baby with usual nap times you could avoid bouncing then.

ButterflyUpSoHigh Tue 03-Nov-15 11:56:34

Could you put it on a rubber mat it may absorb some of the noise. 2 minutes at a time won't help you at all. You need to get your heart going.

strugglingwithstepson Tue 03-Nov-15 11:57:50

OK thank you, appreciate I am being unreasonable.

Oysterbabe Tue 03-Nov-15 12:00:24

I don't see what bouncing for 2 minutes could possibly achieve fitnesswise.

BreeVDKamp Tue 03-Nov-15 12:09:15

That would drive me fucking insane, sorry!

MaidOfStars Tue 03-Nov-15 12:11:29

One lot of ten mins is even more bearable though (but not at 8pm) because you remove the uncertainty of when it's going to start up again. And one ten min session will be a better workout.

AliceScarlett Tue 03-Nov-15 13:25:22

They are really noisy...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now