Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to remind people that there is a Christmas topic for Christmas related threads

(20 Posts)
MaliaGrace Mon 02-Nov-15 18:22:45

Yes, I probably am being damn unreasonable and grumpy but honestly, there seem to be more and more threads about Christmas creeping into Chat/AIBU etc.

I'm happy to be told IABU - I'm v grumpy and not looking fwd to December at all (bereavement etc) let alone Christmas day itself.

I don't want to piss on everyone elses chips and fun but this year is so flipping hard and I'm being reminded of it each time I log in. Yes, I'm hiding threads but...

<scowls>

GoboTheGoat Mon 02-Nov-15 18:27:42

I am sorry that Christmas is a difficult time for you flowers, but YABU to expect others on an anonymous forum to not discuss a major event because it is difficult for some people.

MaliaGrace Mon 02-Nov-15 18:29:29

Thank you

I'm not saying it shouldn't be discussed, of course it should, its a major event/holiday. I'm simply suggesting that the majority of threads could be started within the Christmas topic page.

welliesandleaves Mon 02-Nov-15 18:30:42

I do understand how you feel. But Christmas is really going to be impossible to avoid from now until the day itself.

You're not being grumpy to hate it all though. My dad died in 2012 and this is the first Christmas I've felt a bit excited about since. Look after yourself flowers

DawnOfTheDoggers Mon 02-Nov-15 18:31:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MaliaGrace Mon 02-Nov-15 18:34:04

Thank you wellies and flowers to you too as I know you'll appreciate how hard it is. You're right of course, I'm in my own bubble of grief really and simply glaring at anyone who dare mention the 'c' word.

Thanks Dawn

welliesandleaves Mon 02-Nov-15 18:34:46

Thanks Malia.

AlisonWunderland Mon 02-Nov-15 18:40:13

I've hidden the Christmas topic too (back in September)

However you have just started a thread in AIBU including the word Christmas...

Seeyounearertime Mon 02-Nov-15 18:47:13

Christmas is shite.
It makes me realise who's not here to celebrate.
It makes me financially worry.
It makes me depressed because I can't afford endless rubbish for my DD and OH.
It further depresses me knowing that in the end it is all useless rubbish.
I despair at the amount of effort and money people put into 1 day out of 365.
I wonder how much better their lives would be if they speed the effort to everyday.

Above all else, as if it wasn't bad enough, Christmas songs play EVERY FUCKING WHERE.

Humbug.

Seeyounearertime Mon 02-Nov-15 18:48:07

Speed should be 'spread'

ThroughThickAndThin01 Mon 02-Nov-15 18:49:06

Yabu

There are many threads in Christmas covering presents etc.

But sometimes people are faced with problems which need solving/is worrying them about christmas and they need to post in AIBU or chat for traffic.

MaliaGrace Mon 02-Nov-15 19:02:05

Alison you're right - apologies.

See we'll be humbugs together.

Through yes I understand, there will be people that need speedy answers so post in aibu, it just seems to be slippery slope.

(Now I'm becoming one of those posters who argues back despite previously admitting that they are being unreasonable! hmm smile

LineyReborn Mon 02-Nov-15 19:09:31

I think it's very important that people can post about Christmas on boards such as Mental Health and Elderly Parents, about specific issues that are raised in their lives at that time. (Guilt, in my case, mostly.) The Christmas board is really for the planning stuff present ideas, food etc. isn't it? The fripperies, if you like.

As for Chat and AIBU, maybe those threads could be moved to Christmas or other boards. It's MNHQ's call I guess.

DonkeyOaty Mon 02-Nov-15 19:10:48

thread in Site Stuff about maybe creating a Christmas AIBU topic, do pop over with your thoughts

MaliaGrace Mon 02-Nov-15 19:13:12

Liney - yep, you're right, totally agree re elderly parents/friends and mental health. I wasn't sure if the Christmas topic covered 'everything' (I as assumed) or as you've said was more for gifts etc. It seems pretty limited then?

I do see your point.

Senpai Mon 02-Nov-15 19:14:01

YANBU

But MN has a santa emoji already. So you might have to just live with it. grin brew

MaliaGrace Mon 02-Nov-15 19:14:17

Thanks Donkey - missed your thread in Aug.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Mon 02-Nov-15 19:15:38

Malia, I am sorry you find it difficult though.

MaliaGrace Mon 02-Nov-15 19:16:01

smile

MaliaGrace Mon 02-Nov-15 19:16:36

Thank you through, that's kind.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now