Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

AIBU regarding my 22 month old

(7 Posts)
buildingafootieteam Mon 02-Nov-15 14:34:52

He's refusing to have his day time nap. He's been up there since 1. Usually he sleeps 1-3. Aibu to leave him up there to give out until he sleeps or 3?

Iguessyourestuckwithme Mon 02-Nov-15 14:35:37

I would get him up now.

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Mon 02-Nov-15 14:37:39

Not much point leaving him up there unless you think he's going to go to sleep. Is he crying/shouting/playing? DD1 is 23 months and refuses her nap every so often. I get her up after about 20 mins when it's obvious she's not going to sleep. I can usually tell by whatever it is she's up to!

Clobbered Mon 02-Nov-15 14:37:46

It happens. If he is not distressed, then leave him to have some quiet time, bit otherwise get him up, and put him to bed a bit earlier tonight. Don't stress out!

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Mon 02-Nov-15 14:38:44

Just seen he's already been up there an hour and a half. I'd definitely get him up. 22 months is a fairly reasonable age for them to start dropping naps. If he goes to sleep now he'll sleep too late and won't want to go to bed tonight.

Jw35 Mon 02-Nov-15 14:42:42

To me it would all depend on his mood. If he's happy in the cot is leave him have quiet time but the minute he calls for you/cries I'd get him up x

LurkingOne Mon 02-Nov-15 14:43:52

Yes, around the same time ours started dropping the afternoon nap.

No point persevering if he won't go off, but be prepared for over-tired this evening! I'd usually take them up to bed 20 mins early if they haven't napped

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now