Talk

Advanced search

To eat this chicken?

(10 Posts)
WhatstheT Sun 01-Nov-15 18:15:58

Asked other half to put chicken in the oven on fan setting. Come to get it out an hour and a half later and the dippy idiot had set it to fan assisted grill (gratin mode on my oven) it's been in at 180 and looks cooked. But I've never heard of grilling a whole roast chicken??? Would you eat?

londonrach Sun 01-Nov-15 18:18:41

Whats it like inside the chicken as id be worried it not cooked through? Answer to your question i wouldnt as ive ad food poisoning and super careful ill just cover with foil and cook for x amount of time in fan oven and eat later x

GrouchyKiwi Sun 01-Nov-15 18:19:26

Check the thigh and breast meat to see if it's cooked - juices should run clear.

If so, eat it. If not, put it on fan for another half hour or whatever.

Mistigri Sun 01-Nov-15 18:22:26

Just cut it and see if it looks cooked through. If not cook it a bit more.

WhatstheT Sun 01-Nov-15 18:23:29

Already chopped it all up before I went to get spuds out turned oven off amd realised it was wrong! All breast meat is pretty dry and all white and doesn't look dodgy, leg meat is dark but always is

The oven was on 180 fan but with the grill setting instead of oven. But fan still on, so I'm guessing the heat will have been the same just a lot more concentrated on the top

WhatstheT Sun 01-Nov-15 18:30:28

Wish me luck!

GrouchyKiwi Sun 01-Nov-15 18:31:49

Sounds like it will be fine. Enjoy.

TheWatchersCouncil Sun 01-Nov-15 19:17:50

What's the sauce?

WhatstheT Sun 01-Nov-15 19:40:03

Creamy peppery spicy chilli home made corn flour nonesense haha

TheWatchersCouncil Sun 01-Nov-15 19:55:20

Yum!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now