Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Queues

(11 Posts)
Flashbangandgone Fri 30-Oct-15 17:30:03

AIBU to be annoyed when a cashier opens up a new till, and suddenly a polite and orderly queue dissolves into a free for all as people from the back rush to be first served, leaving those who were clearly there first to wait longer. It's as though our strict queuing etiquette suddenly gets turned on its head!

Mydearchild Fri 30-Oct-15 17:38:24

Yanbu this happened to me in Aldi today. Really boils my blood!

HunterHearstHelmsley Fri 30-Oct-15 17:42:59

YABU. It's every man for himself when a new till opens!

Flashbangandgone Fri 30-Oct-15 17:51:59

It's every man for himself when a new till opens!

Indeed... But the contrast with how diligently we tend to queue generally is very odd.

EponasWildDaughter Fri 30-Oct-15 17:56:49

I agree. It throws all the careful planning (checking amount of shopping still to be placed against no. of customers etc) into total confusion.

Sometimes it's better to stand firm. Often people in front of you rush away, blinded by the excitement of the new till, only to find themselves stuck with a longer wait - while you've begun to unload grin

<over invested>

Coffeethrowtrampbitch Fri 30-Oct-15 18:14:35

Yes. It was nice yesterday, when I had one item and two people in the queue with me with a trolley each rammed their pram into my path to make sure they were served first.

I'm obviously still not over it grin

YakTriangle Fri 30-Oct-15 18:26:29

I hate that, it's so rude for people who've only just got there to run over and get served first when others have been waiting longer.
It's better when the cashier comes over and speaks to the next person in the queue and tells them to come over because they're about to open a new one.

Flashbangandgone Fri 30-Oct-15 18:53:07

It's the aggressiveness of some people that really annoys me - like the one you mentioned with the pram..... Totally unscientific hypothesis, but I reckon that those who would make most aghast and upset about queue-jumping are those that are those most likely to aggressively race to become first to any newly opened checkout.

lexigrey Fri 30-Oct-15 18:55:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HunterHearstHelmsley Fri 30-Oct-15 22:10:05

Someone forced their way past me when I was in front of them to the next till and literally knocked me over with their pram. Think it's the only time I've called a baby fucking ugly.

Darvany Fri 30-Oct-15 22:20:13

Aldi / Lidl are very civilised compared to other places. If you just nip in for some fake Baileys someone will always let you go ahead of them in the queue. It wouldn't happen in Waitrose.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now