Talk

Advanced search

Neighbours

(10 Posts)
Ruben2007 Fri 30-Oct-15 14:22:54

We have neighbours who have a son with learning difficulties. He is a young adult who seems to think the world should revolve around him. We have had to ring the police as his behalvour is terrible. He swares at my husband calls me a fat cow and hides behind our fence saying things to me till my husbands comes and he runs off. He blocks in my husbands motorbike with his car and because the family stays in bed till gone ten o clock in the morning shouts and swares at us for making any noise. We bought CCTV cameras to catch him and his dad swareing and putting up the Vs at us. We tryed to be friendly and helpfull when they moved in as they have phisical disabilities as well. Only for them to keep us awake making noise after 11.30 at night till we had to move bedrooms. Any time we asked them for anything like can you keep it down abit we got abuse. They have 6 dogs that bark all the time so we have had to call the council on them and we only have to fart and the son puts letters though the door. The police were first going to give them a community protection order then a harrisment order but in the end just warned them again. I realise having a learning disability and autism is hard on the family but why are they taking there anger and fustrastion out on us. Can any one help please I need to understand.

[images removed by MNHQ]

JeffsanArsehole Fri 30-Oct-15 14:25:42

I wouldn't post pictures of them on the Internet for starters. So get it taken down.

Follow through until asbo's or community orders are granted. Report every assault/nuisance/noise/. Involve local councillors and your Mp if you can.

Keep going, it will eventually get sorted. Or move.

I would move, I couldn't put up with being harassed constantly.

HorseyCool Fri 30-Oct-15 14:26:46

Honestly, I would move. You can't reason with the unreasonable.

You might get flamed for putting a photo of him up but I can tell that you are really beaten down by these people.

Jasonandyawegunorts Fri 30-Oct-15 14:28:50

putting photos of people up is going to cause loads of trouble, you need them taken down.

floppyjogger Fri 30-Oct-15 14:31:02

Do they own the house or is it rented?

IgnoreMeEveryOtherReindeerDoes Fri 30-Oct-15 14:32:19

Yes you will have to get photo removed as it could come back at you as harassment.

Have you tried environmental health?

RaptorInaPorkPieHat Fri 30-Oct-15 15:29:12

I recommend this forum (not that I don't love Mumsnet) thlgrin

Neighbours from hell forum

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Fri 30-Oct-15 15:31:43

That sounds like unusual behaviour for someone with autism tbh.

roundtable Fri 30-Oct-15 15:37:24

Well I suppose it will stop the photos or it didn't happen posters but it might be advisable to report your op and get the photos removed.

Are you keeping a log of everything? You may need to keep reporting until they get sick of hearing from you. Do they have a social worker? Is it worth ringing social services to find out? They may be able to work with the family.

Thespiderinthebath Fri 30-Oct-15 16:11:36

Your posting pictures on a public forum because.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now