Talk

Advanced search

Help worried about new glasses from vision express

(7 Posts)
bkgirl Fri 30-Oct-15 12:13:11

Hi I got my new expensive varifocals from vision express, the bloke told me I should swap from metal rim to plastic so I did, but am wearing them for 2 hours and I find them actually sore on my nose. Secondly my daughter says I remind her of Club Penguin. OMG!!! I remember them sying something about being happy with the product....ooo its the sore bridge of my nose that is most bugging, just put cotton wool underneath but can't go out like this!! Help!!!!!

bkgirl Fri 30-Oct-15 12:31:16

Me!!!!!

GothicRainbow Fri 30-Oct-15 12:33:30

Take them straight back, I did with a pair of mine that were causing me discomfort behind my ears. The staff were incredibly helpful and I actually ended up swapping to a different set of frames with a more comfortable fit.

PotteryPotKnobs Fri 30-Oct-15 12:39:22

Take them back.Now. Today!

They may not be fitting properly, or you may be reacting to the plastic. Whatever the reason, at this moment they are not fit for purpose as any bought item should be.

You changed to plastic on their advice, but it's not working. Don't let them fob you off with advice such as 'you need to wear them in' ...or whatever. If you want your metal rims back (free of charge), then insist on it.

I was advised to try varifocals a few years ago, which I did on condition that if I didn't like them, they would change them back to my usual's free of charge, which they did after half a days wear, as I just hated them..

INeedSomeHelp Fri 30-Oct-15 12:44:12

Plastic frames can be harder to get a good fit I think. Especially if the nose rests are built in to the frame as it means they can't be adjusted. Whereas metal frames usually have the nose rests that can be moved slightly which can make a huge difference to the comfort.
Go back and tell them exactly where it's sore. They may be able to make adjustments or you might need a different style. But don't be fobbed off - glasses are really expensive and have to be worn every day so it's important they are right.

bkgirl Fri 30-Oct-15 12:48:52

Thanks GothicRainbow, I just telephoned them and the staff member said they would change them for me. Daughter pointed out they have left a red dinge on the top of my nose. Thing is the staff member encouraged me to swap from my metal frames to plastic but heck they just aren't comfy. Still Vision Express seem to be decent about it.

bkgirl Fri 30-Oct-15 12:53:05

IneedSomehelp - you are exactly right,sadly they can't be adjusted, hence the problem. Won't ever do this again, style aside - I have to be comfortable in them. I guess you live and learn smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now