Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To ask what you would do?

(9 Posts)
NotSoDesperateHousewife Wed 28-Oct-15 19:28:09

I have a Zafira. As you may or may not know there is currently a big hoo-ha around them being a fire risk.

I have never liked this car, wish I could go back and not buy it! Regardless I cannot make my mind up with what to do with it.

I desperately want to get rid of it but we, unfortunately, are not in a position to get finance for a new car for about another year. We also have another year of payments left on this one.

So, do I stick with it and mend the various damage to it that will cost £1k+ and hope it does doesn't catch fire then trade in next year. Or, do I get rid of the vile thing the quickest way possible and just use whatever I can get for it to buy a different runaround to tide us over for a year?

The finance is an unsecured loan so we are free to sell the car whenever we wish.

LocalEditorEssex Wed 28-Oct-15 19:29:44

Part exchange it?
If you have only a year left you should be ok to do that.
Phone your finance company and ask for a settlement figure then approach dealers and see what they can do.

NotSoDesperateHousewife Wed 28-Oct-15 19:58:13

We can't, we wouldn't be approved for finance at the moment unfortunately or I'd have done it already!

CainInThePunting Wed 28-Oct-15 20:05:29

No helpful advice but why not just torch it?

Yes, I'm kidding! grin

LocalEditorEssex Wed 28-Oct-15 20:59:58

Car finance is quite easy to get, the finance companies are on a win win really.
I didn't think I would be able to get any after ex h left but I did. My credit record isn't so good.

Just an idea smile
or torch it, as above

Purplepoodle Wed 28-Oct-15 21:04:09

Why is there 1k damage? Will this not affected trade in anyway

marzipancustard Thu 29-Oct-15 07:11:15

Vauxhall will repair the faulty parts for free - you don't have to pay

NewMrsX Thu 29-Oct-15 07:14:22

If yours is one of the ones potentially affected with the fire risk they are currently checking them over and replacing the relevant parts so worth ringing them

Enjolrass Thu 29-Oct-15 08:08:16

Our Picasso was recalled due to a problem. I call them, they confirmed it needed looking at. They did it for free.

They had written to me as well, but I called them before the letter got to me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now