Talk

Advanced search

To have no patience with bad moods.

(7 Posts)
Lucylongcat Tue 27-Oct-15 14:23:23

Grrr. I've just had a morning of dh moping round like the end of the world is nigh, snapping at the kids, mumbling under his breath, sighing, etc. He has a headache and is tired. I have no sympathy, he stayed up late to watch and see if a character on a show was really dead or not.

His work is stressful because... well, it's really not. He just thinks it is because he's never had a really stressful job. It's a "leave it behind when you leave the building" job. I hear all about the stresses at work and they really, really are not that big a deal. If it was that bad, he's had seven years to apply for a new one.

I love him, he has lots of great qualities, but I hate the whingeing. I'm completely a "fake it till you make it" person, who thinks if you pretend to be happy for half an hour, generally you will end up really being happy (genuine misfortune and mental I'll health notwithstanding).

A lot of the time, a problem shared is now a problem two people have. I don't want to hear who spoke to who in what tone of voice. I don't care whether your back aches from sleeping on it funny. I've got plenty of sympathy for real problems (even if I don't sound like it this second), but not if people keep using it up for stuff so minor they could really just not even register it.

So, who hates whingeing and who thinks iabu and that the smile police can just fuck off?

tacky Tue 27-Oct-15 14:29:37

my DH is the same!! Even when it is a great day he will moan thinking of a bad thing he has to do in even a week's time. So frustrating.

AnchorDownDeepBreath Tue 27-Oct-15 14:31:52

The Walking Dead is worth staying up for, regardless. YABU to not see that :P

I'm somewhere in the middle. I think it's healthier to have a moan sometimes and get it out, but I tend to put a smile on and fake it, like you said. I'll listen to people who need to get it off their chest and feel like someone cares, though.

It's just a personality and tolerance thing, I think.

Lucylongcat Tue 27-Oct-15 14:51:10

Urgh, that's exactly it, tacky. I would chuck the drink in his half empty glass over his head if I could.

Haha, well worth it, yes, Anchor. IABU for that and should probably put his mood down to the emotional after effects from the incident with the person in the place with all the things.

I've just realised what a whiner I'm being on this thread. Oh, the irony.

Yokohamajojo Tue 27-Oct-15 15:15:52

I have a husband and a DS who are always seeing the worst in things, drives me mad! it doesn't have to be that bad and it hasn't happened yet so why let it depress you before it's even happened!! when it comes to my son almost 9, it usually is fine and he has worried in vain...!

TheDeverellWoman Tue 27-Oct-15 15:26:44

Oh it gets to me too!

I have a what's done is done, attitude with life. If you can't change it why worry? Find a way to make a positive and move past it.

People who constantly moan about their 'problems' (many of which are their own making and easily rectified) get my goat. Especially if they spew it every where looking for attention sympathy and advice they will never take

I have recently ditched a friend who spent her life in whinging about every little thing. Speaking with her was like banging your head against the wall. Painful and pointless.

YouKnowNothingRickGrimes Tue 27-Oct-15 21:50:59

The Walking Dead is worth staying up late and getting a headache for. He is BU to moan about that ??

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: