Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

so if the TC cut fails where is the money going to be cut?

(76 Posts)
Jaxsbum Tue 27-Oct-15 10:14:43

cos I am scared that yet again disabled people will be hit. add that to the millions locals are cutting to sn services...
the money has to come from somewhere.... so whilst I am pleased that so many are happy.
where will it come from?

VulcanWoman Tue 27-Oct-15 10:17:46

Companies that don't pay their fair share would be a start.

Jaxsbum Tue 27-Oct-15 10:18:25

but that won't happen will it. it will be the most vulnerable who pay

MumOnTheRunAgain Tue 27-Oct-15 10:19:21

Probably other benefits. Esa,jsa. More sanctions. Yep, you are correct op, it will come from somewhere else

Jaxsbum Tue 27-Oct-15 10:21:18

so why are people so happy?
its not like the government will not make the cuts

TheBitchOfDestiny Tue 27-Oct-15 10:22:20

yeah I am worried about this

I suspect - if it happens, which I doubt - that it will be the nhs

would rather lose my tcs tbh

OneFlewOverTheDodosNest Tue 27-Oct-15 10:25:47

Well at the moment they're looking at DLA & Working Tax Credit Cuts to fund (amongst other things) the new Corporation Tax cuts and the cuts to Inheritance Tax so there's a possibility that they may think about reversing some of the handouts to their friends...

Of course the likelihood is that they'll cut DLA further or even start hacking away at their core voters by reconsidering the triple lock on pensions.

Because obviously, it should be the poorest and most vulnerable members of society that should be enabling the profits of Astrazeneca, Tesco, Santander, BP etc....

www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/oct/13/tories-big-business-tax-loopholes

Jaxsbum Tue 27-Oct-15 10:26:33

that is scarey as DLA is so needed

iamaboveandBeyond Tue 27-Oct-15 10:29:20

Agree with you. I hate myself for thinking it, but part of me agreed with the proposed cuts. Oh gosh, cant believe i have actually said that!! Can i please emphasise here, i dont think there should be any cuts. But the tax credit ones - having already taken money from disabled and cb from higher earners - seemed to be fair in who they targetted. Again, big emphasis that i do not agree with cuts for benefits at all!!

I know i have fallen into the "divide and conquer" trap, but i wonder where all these people complaining were when other cuts were made that didnt affect them. Of course i know some people protested more than just TC changes, but not all of them.

So yes, i am now worried that we will be worse off because of (to give the shit example i saw yesterday) musicians who perform 200 gigs a year and dont also have a day job (like every non-famous musician i know!!) who want to keep their tax credits

LunchpackOfNotreDame Tue 27-Oct-15 10:30:20

They're not being halted they're being stalled to make Osborne slow them down to allow families to adjust

iamaboveandBeyond Tue 27-Oct-15 10:30:33

Fair-ish, that should say, because fair would includee pensioners...

LunchpackOfNotreDame Tue 27-Oct-15 10:31:14

DLA is being cut, it's what is now PIP

Hopefully they'll go for the pensioners next

TheBitchOfDestiny Tue 27-Oct-15 10:33:26

lunchpack why would you want them to go for pensioners?

Fairylea Tue 27-Oct-15 10:34:24

If they cut dla we would be finished as a family. The high rate dla we receive for ds and carers allowance for me is what keeps us afloat alongside dhs full time minimum wage job.

LunchpackOfNotreDame Tue 27-Oct-15 10:34:42

Because they are the only group who aren't subjected to means testing or an assessment process to be handed the money

evilcherub Tue 27-Oct-15 10:35:29

Hopefully housing benefit for private rentals. Less taxpayers money being used to pay the mortgages/pensions of rich landlords and lower prices. I can dream anyway.

thelittleredhen Tue 27-Oct-15 10:36:19

It's only a delay - the TC cuts will still come, we just don't know when yet.

Devilishpyjamas Tue 27-Oct-15 10:38:51

They're already cutting the DLA bill via moving to PIP (reducing massively the number who qualify for HRM).

God I truly loathe this govt. The good thing about tax credit cuts is it's made some Tory Backbenchers in areas likely to be affected by t/c cuts speak out.

Pensioners are a protected species as they're the group most likely to vote for this shower of shites.

Purplepoodle Tue 27-Oct-15 10:41:48

We need rent control for private lets, then they could reduce tc as people wouldn't have to pay huge portions of their income in rent.

AutumnLeavesArePretty Tue 27-Oct-15 10:49:06

They are just delayed, the cuts will still come as they have too. Far better it be tax credits than the NHS or DLA. Most on tax credits are not disabled and can make up the shortfall by working more.

VulcanWoman Tue 27-Oct-15 10:49:09

I should have made my post clearer OP, I agree with you, no they won't be paying their fair share.

Jaxsbum Tue 27-Oct-15 11:08:06

it does annoy me about pensions. not the people but how scameron says that he won't touch them as they can't earn more(or something like that) yet is happy to target disabled people who can't even work...angry

LunchpackOfNotreDame Tue 27-Oct-15 11:12:28

Not all disabled people are out of work. Many people with disabilities who claim DLA or pip (me included) work

sashh Tue 27-Oct-15 13:23:18

Jaxsbum

DLA has already gone for new claimants.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Tue 27-Oct-15 13:25:28

They don't need to cut anything. They could raise plenty of money by closing some tax loopholes for example, or not spending ridiculous amounts of money on nuclear weapons or HS2...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now