Tax credits delay? PLEASE can someone explain I am BEGGING

(6 Posts)
PanicNotAtTheDisco Tue 27-Oct-15 09:04:30

I have searched the news but it doesn't make it clear exactly what happened regarding the propsed tax credit cuts from April 2016? How long will the bbe delayed?

What have the said???

I am looking for work and have a disability so will be looking for part time. Does anyone know if I will not able to get tax credits because I would be a new claim?

Please can soembody explain. I am very anxious and not feeling well aand I apologise if I am coming across as very thick.

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Tue 27-Oct-15 09:10:16

I heard three years.

TiredButFineODFOJ Tue 27-Oct-15 09:10:46

Hi,
The changes were due from April 16, but got voted out by the house of Lords. This means thOse changes won't go ahead in that way, on that date. Osbourne has said he will adjust the plans and the date for the "new plans" to be revealed is the Autumn Statement/ pre budget due 25 November.
So basically it's on hold until he re-writes it next month, you will know more then.
HTH flowers

TiredButFineODFOJ Tue 27-Oct-15 09:13:11

Sorry I shoukd have emphasised, the changes were not coming until April 16 anyway, so make your new claim. At present nothing has changed.
But yes at some stage in future your tax credits could be stopped if the rules change.

DisappointedOne Tue 27-Oct-15 09:16:32

No, the three years is the suggested time that a transitional support package be put in place for those that will lose the most from the changes.

PanicNotAtTheDisco Tue 27-Oct-15 09:54:50

Ok. Thank you very much for the explanation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now