Talk

Advanced search

It's my birthday and I'll moan if I want to

(13 Posts)
BlueBananas Tue 27-Oct-15 08:18:02

Well today is my birthday
I'm due to give birth to DC3 next week
I've had a really tough pregnancy with horrible SPD, sciatica and acid reflux, I've really been in a lot of pain
I barely slept last night and I've woke up this morning and been throwing up since
So, can't go anywhere, can't eat or drink anything remotely nice, haven't got any presents as there's nothing I can really have ATM is there so I've told people not to bother, and we're really struggling for money ATM waiting for tax credits to come through so I told DP not to waste any money
When the kids get up I'm going to have to pretend to be all happy & jolly because they're little enough that anyones birthday is still exciting bless them!
So I'm having a moan! Moan moan moan!

So do I win shittest birthday ever?

Suddengeekgirl Tue 27-Oct-15 08:27:20

That is no fun. Have some brew cake and wine for after baby arrives.

If it makes you feel any better I once spent a birthday evening on my own, with the dcs while dh went out for a family thing that the dcs couldn't go to, and there was no one else to mind the dcs. That was shitty.

If I was you I'd remind your dp that as there have been no presents you need a steady stream of tea and magazines or biscuits to keep you going today! Little thibgs like a cup of tea without asking mean a lot when you're skint and the dcs are small!

LavenderRain Tue 27-Oct-15 08:37:35

Happy Birthday thanks
Moan all you like.........I always feel a bit depressed on my birthday.I don't know why,always have done. I don't like to be the centre of attention. But I love other people's birthdays.
let the kids make a fuss of you and get DP to spoil you with tea and feet up.
my friend was in labour on her birthday, baby didn't arrive until 2 days later, that is a pants birthday! !

zombieme8 Tue 27-Oct-15 08:39:52

Cup of tea, feet up, nice bath later? Happy birthday ?? flowers

Penfold007 Tue 27-Oct-15 08:40:28

Moan away. Happy Birthday flowers

zombieme8 Tue 27-Oct-15 08:40:39

Hmm... '??' Was 'cake' on my phone... cake

Nishky Tue 27-Oct-15 08:41:03

Happy Birthday-can your other children throw you a party- mine did when they were 4 and 2-I provided the sandwiches and cake-they chose their own party outfits and they decorated the lounge ( baby blanket, cuddly toys and the Christmas dinner table centrepiece)

The photographs of that day still make me smile.

Grilledaubergines Tue 27-Oct-15 08:50:54

Happy birthday!cake

BlueBananas Tue 27-Oct-15 09:22:06

Thanks all for the birthday messages! And the stories of rubbish birthdays - they helped grin

The kids have been to take my breakfast order and sing happy birthday and the littlest one is suspiciously covered in glitter!
I also have a really lovely bunch of flowers so I can't moan anymore, I'm quite happy smile
Nishky that is so sweet! I think there will definitely be cake baking later on cake

amarmai Tue 27-Oct-15 09:24:26

bdays are for kids mainly but we like them too. Bet you have a cake and candles so your cc can blow them out for you and sing Happy Bday to mummy Happy Bday to you! even if you cant eat it-they can!

Nishky Tue 27-Oct-15 21:24:46

Hope you have had a good day.

blahblahblah2000 Wed 28-Oct-15 05:49:28

Hope you had a good birthday smile

not the shittest birthday though, sorry. I've had a patient recently admitted to hospice for end of life care on the birthday, and have had to pretend to be full of energy and stay awake for their small children who didn't realize it was the last birthday the parent would have.

LaLaLaaaa Wed 28-Oct-15 06:11:01

I can beat you - I was heavily pregnant on my birthday this year. It was a heatwave, I had SPD and pregnancy rhinitis and so wasn't sleeping.

On my birthday I had invitations from friends to go to lunch. But instead I had to stay home for a window fitter to put in new windows. 'Well that's nice to have new windows' I hear you say. Well yes, but we rent so they're not ours.

My Dh was late home because an order he was expecting at work was late. When he did arrive he gave me the following presents:

A minion Pez dispenser
A plastic hand fan for my hospital bag

Wow.

Worst birthday ever.

Happy birthday to you!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: