Talk

Advanced search

Readybrek

(95 Posts)
Unreasonablebetty Mon 26-Oct-15 17:19:22

I've got a hankering for readybrek, ah I love readybrek could live off the stuff in the winter months!!

Tho I always feel a bit guilty having it for breakfast, does anyone think that it's more like a dessert, esp with a dollop of Nutella?
It's so similar to semolina! Obviously not a huge quandary, but i want to talk about Ready Brek.

Yummy yum yum in my tum....

Sallyhasleftthebuilding Mon 26-Oct-15 17:21:32

I brought some yesterday ... we need readybrek ...

MrsTerryPratchett Mon 26-Oct-15 17:22:23

Ready Brek is incredibly healthy. Why is it dessert?

Maple syrup, chopped nut and raisins on it.

Sairelou Mon 26-Oct-15 17:22:26

I often have mine with a spoon of Nutella.... Mmmmmmmmm! grin

x2boys Mon 26-Oct-15 17:24:34

i might by some ds1 used to love readybrek remember that advert where the kid that ate it had a warm glow around them?

Doublebubblebubble Mon 26-Oct-15 17:26:59

My ds is 10 days old and one of my biggest cravings with him was for readybrek - I could eat it all day everyday - I like it really really milky (not thick) I'm not keen on semolina but I do think readybrek is very similar to rusks mixed up with milk (me and dh always used to buy rusks for our DD but she never got to eat any of them sorry not sorry/what she doesn't know wont hurt her lol oh damn need to buy more readybrek x

cleaty Mon 26-Oct-15 17:28:41

When I used to eat this as a kid, I always felt like I was eating a dessert. So I understand what you mean OP.

ouryve Mon 26-Oct-15 17:29:23

It's an excellent breakfast. I just have mine with bananas.

Unreasonablebetty Mon 26-Oct-15 17:40:02

I'm so glad that I'm not the only adult who loves it! I think I need to go and buy a few boxes...
I've only ever had it with Nutella... I might try banana and with maple syrup

Ah yes! I remember that advert- I don't think it was that long ago it was on was it?

x2boys Mon 26-Oct-15 17:42:05

they may have been different versions but i,m nearly 42 and i ,m sure it was during my childhood?

Unreasonablebetty Mon 26-Oct-15 17:44:37

I dont think we are talking about the same version, but the glowing people have been in their adverts in my time... I've not seen their adverts in a while. Might need to see if I can catch one.

HippyChickMama Mon 26-Oct-15 17:46:26

It's not unhealthy, it's porridge but really, really finely ground. I can't stand the stuff personally but my dcs like it with cinnamon and raisins.

pigsDOfly Mon 26-Oct-15 17:47:53

Don't know if it's changed much, but I bought some years ago when my son was young - he's 35 now - and he refused to eat it.

I tried it to see why he hated it so much and had to agree, it had the consistency and flavour of wallpaper paste.

I threw it in the rubbish bin.

NorthernLurker Mon 26-Oct-15 17:54:13

I like it with sugar.

Topseyt Mon 26-Oct-15 17:54:17

Isn't it just the same as, say, Tesco Instant Hot Oat, only Instant Hot Oat is way cheaper. Aldi do one too, but I've forgotten what they call it and haven't tried it yet.

I do like Instant Hot Oat, with a dollop of honey in it and some sultanas.

AnonymousBird Mon 26-Oct-15 17:56:09

We had it yesterday, and bought more today!

Definitely breakfast here.

waitingforcalpoltowork Mon 26-Oct-15 17:56:27

ds2 loves it all through the summer now its getting colder he wants chocolate chip brioche for breakfast grin

WotNoLoobrush Mon 26-Oct-15 18:00:31

There's always a box of readybrek in our house as I love it. I like the cinnamon idea above. I'll try that.

Wishful80smontage Mon 26-Oct-15 18:02:14

Ohhhh not had any for a couple years this thread is inspiring me smile

Amummyatlast Mon 26-Oct-15 18:04:58

I love it. It's my usual work-day breakfast.

Izzabellasasperella Mon 26-Oct-15 18:06:15

I love it too. I'm naughty though and put masses of sugar in it.smile

Muckogy Mon 26-Oct-15 18:09:35

i love it. and the weather has just turned for the worst, making it ideal for brekkie.

FishOn Mon 26-Oct-15 18:09:45

My dsis loved it - back when you could get chocolate flavor grin

lucymootoo Mon 26-Oct-15 18:11:54

I love it too! Nothing on,just plain!

flyhigh Mon 26-Oct-15 18:11:58

My kids (and meblush) love it with cornflakes in....they go all soggy in a real tasty kind of way!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now