Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to expect the LPO to play in LIVERPOOL!

(21 Posts)
FrancesNiadova Sun 25-Oct-15 20:49:17

Just gone onto their website, soooo excited at the thought of Rite of Sring, Live to read that in Autumn they're on at the RFH, LONDON! Like London isn't already the British doughnut that gets all the jam in the middle!
C'Mon RLPO, let's have the good stuff oop North too, (we do like proper stuff up ere too tha knows) confused
Nope, still not happy sad

FloppyRagdoll Sun 25-Oct-15 21:13:40

Um, they are performing it in Liverpool - 9th and 10th June, 2016, in the Liverpool Philharmonic Hall.

www.liverpoolphil.com/16805/events-classical-music/the-rite-of-spring.html

FrancesNiadova Sun 25-Oct-15 21:19:06

June, but it's October now!
I'd wanted to take my DC to hear/see them during 1/2 term. Imagine not just hearing, but feeling Rite as well.
Can't travel to London though, & why should we?

Zhx3 Sun 25-Oct-15 21:23:27

I saw the RLPO performing The Rite of Spring a couple of years ago as part of their Stravinsky series, happy memories. Make sure you take your dc, OP. I think Petrenko interprets the Russian composers particularly well.

FrancesNiadova Sun 25-Oct-15 21:27:54

Petrenko was made an, "Honorary Scouser," by the mayor, apparently! smile

FloppyRagdoll Sun 25-Oct-15 21:32:02

It's the London Phil under Stenz who are performing the Rite at the RFH on the 28th October. I don't think it's so terribly unreasonable for the London Phil to be performing in London...

FrancesNiadova Sun 25-Oct-15 21:40:52

We're off to hear CBSO & Mussorrgsky' s, "Pictures at an Exhibition," instead.
The RLPO will always be a bit special, though.

balletgirlmum Sun 25-Oct-15 21:44:08

They will probsbly be touring in various venues across the country.

Liverpool is their home & they are performing lots & lots of concerts there this season but they will be different programmes they won't perform the same programme more than a couple of times - it simply wouldn't sell.

They will then chose certain programmes to take to other leading venues.

balletgirlmum Sun 25-Oct-15 21:45:42

Are you watching the CBSO in Liverpool? How unreasonable, what about the poor folks of Birmingham who will be deprived of that chance to see them.

balletgirlmum Sun 25-Oct-15 21:48:15

Oh wow - I want to take dd to see their superheroes family concert on Sunday.

balletgirlmum Sun 25-Oct-15 21:51:17

According to their website they perform approx 70 concerts a year in Liverpool as well as touring.

Zhx3 Sun 25-Oct-15 22:05:35

We're going to Superheroes on Sunday!

They are showing Home Alone! over the New Year with live orchestra soundtrack. I can't wait!

Totally agree that the Phil are special. I see them as often as I can smile.

FrancesNiadova Sun 25-Oct-15 22:08:18

Errm no, balletgirl, we'll be hearing CBSO in Brum. confused

FrancesNiadova Sun 25-Oct-15 22:11:42

I like the idea of Home Alone with live soundtrack Zh.
I got my degree in the RLPO hall, & sang in the Community Choir the rabble!
They're a superb orchestra.

balletgirlmum Sun 25-Oct-15 22:15:54

symphony Hall is lovely. The acoustics are fab. I know I'm biased as I used to work there though.

FrancesNiadova Sun 25-Oct-15 22:20:21

I've never been, so I'm looking forward to it!

Zhx3 Sun 25-Oct-15 22:26:35

I have been known to get a bit emotional at the Phil, the concerts are nearly always amazing. I've been going since I was a child, although I go several times a year now, I still see it as an enormous treat. Mainly I go by myself and revel in the sheer indulgence of my "me" time! A meal beforehand in glorious solitude, then a couple of hours of just being immersed in this tremendous musical sensation. They do fab concerts for the children too.

FrancesNiadova Sun 25-Oct-15 22:39:18

Zhx 3 Bliss, 1 day... smile

ImperialBlether Sun 25-Oct-15 22:49:00

I'm going to see Home Alone at the New Year. Should be amazing. Also going to see Psycho on Friday with the LPO playing the soundtrack - anyone else going?

Bloomsberry Sun 25-Oct-15 23:43:13

I hear you, OP. After years in music bliss in London, I now live somewhere where the nearest decent concert hall is so far away I can't get home after a night-time concert, and I've been in Liverpool a few times and thought I'd be able to hear the LPO, but they're never at home when I'm there... The last time here was a guitar riffs concert at the hall. I was fit to be tied.

Zhx3 Mon 26-Oct-15 00:17:41

I'm too chicken to watch Psycho, Imperial!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now