Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to expect a pair of shoes to last for more than 3 months?

(8 Posts)
GinBunny Sun 25-Oct-15 16:14:21

Because the seller thinks I am.

Bought DH a pair of shoes from Amazon for his birthday in August. They cost £25. A couple of weeks ago he mentioned that the sole was coming away from the upper, so I contacted the seller. He replied saying there is no warranty on shoes because they could be damaged the first day they are worn and anyway it's not as if they cost £100.

I replied saying they weren't damaged, they were starting to falling apart so soon, and that the price wasn't the issue it was the quality.

AIBU?

noeffingidea Sun 25-Oct-15 17:07:17

Depends on how much walking he does and how often he wears them, really. If he wears them every day and walks a fair amount I would say 3 months is fair. I wouldn't expect a £25 pair of shoes to be particularly durable.

fieryfighter Sun 25-Oct-15 17:13:38

3 months is about average for my sons tbh.... Even of they haven't grown out of them they're pretty much dead by then regardless of how much or little they cost!

Nettletheelf Sun 25-Oct-15 17:14:44

I wouldn't expect top quality for £25.

Topseyt Sun 25-Oct-15 17:27:09

I would hope that they would last more than 3 months, but how much walking he does will have a bearing on it too.

I have two dogs to walk, so I have to pick my footwear carefully or it doesn't last long. It would certainly be showing signs of significant wear by three months. That said though, this current pair of trainers and my muck boots are going rather well at the moment. Touches wood here.

ComposHatComesBack Sun 25-Oct-15 18:01:43

If worn everyday I'd say that's par for the course for a pair of 25quid shoes. V.cheap shoes are often a false economy.

GinBunny Sun 25-Oct-15 18:40:43

They've been worn a couple of times a week to work - driven in then a desk job.

Ah well, I guess it seems IABU.

Branleuse Sun 25-Oct-15 18:46:37

id say thats a cheap pair of shoes, unlikely to even be leather, unless theyre good ones but bought in a sale, or tkmaxx. I wouldnt expect a £25 of shoes to last that long

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now